Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII server consolidation approach

shaji_chandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have got a scenario to consolidate the MII solution currently running on 3 different MII servers (one for each plant) to a single MII server. We have a healthy server with enough hardware resources to run the consolidated MII solution. While copying the MII projects from 3 different MII environments I will have to create 3 different projects (different names) on the consolidated MII server. This will lead to update path of MII objects such as Transactions, SQL Queries, HTML\IRPT pages and java script files. Because when the root folder (project name) changes it impacts everywhere. To save this effort I am thinking to have 3 different MII instances running on consolidated server on different ports (50000, 50001 and 50002). With this approach I need not create different projects because each instance is like a new environment. I can easily export and import the projects from other environments. Do you see any issues with this approach? In terms of server memory allocation and performance will this invite any trouble in future? I am planning to use the same logic for SQL server as well. I will have a consolidated SQL instance having 3 difference SQL databases for each MII instance.

Please let me know your thoughts about this approach. I am going to perform this on MII 15.0 version

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend using vmware or hyper-v and virtualizing your mii servers. You may even be able to simply migrate your existing servers.

Regards,
Christian

shaji_chandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your response.

Actually the approach I mentioned above will not get approved by client. Because I was quite late to know that we need to pay per MII instance (SID). So client will end up paying for 3 MII instances. Client is trying to save the cost so they prefer to go for one MII instance only.

Thanks

Shaji

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shaji,

I am not positive but I think you cannot have multiple instances of MII running on one Netweaver server(sid). I know you can have multiple instances of Netweaver on one server but each instance would have its own sid.  As far as any refactoring advice I am hesitant to make any real recommendations without a good look at the architecture/organization of the code base.

Regards,
Christian