cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unit to be inspected and serial number

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI EXPERT:

I'm working on QM  result record using bapi:BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS (SINGLE_RESULTS).

we write serial number to field EXT_NO.then commit it success. After that we make UD for inspection lot.

My problem is I found no record of serial number in this inspection lot. ,and ,no record in table SER04 and OBJK

When we use TCODE :qe11 to record result .The serial number will be update to table ser04.

My data:

material plt data 2 view:

serial number profile(QMSL AND MMSL)

Quality view:

Serial Number Management Possible=X

Inspection plan:

External Numbering of Units to be Inspected=3

I guess someting wrong with Bapi ,hope someone know it.

thanks

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well I think the inspection lot does not have serial numbers assigned to it. What must be happening is,

1. While doing 101 movement (GR) you did not specify the serial numbers
  2. Hence the inspection lot was created without serial numbers
  3. But at the time of result recording and usage decision (When you are manually processing this transaction) you must be creating it dynamically. And hence you face no problem when you do this manually
  4. But when you are running result recording or UD transaction using BAPI, the system does not find any serial numbers and throws the error.
  5. Let us know if this happens in the way?

If above guess is correct then as a solution to this - You should make sure that you create serial numbers in advance to the Goods Receipt and use them at the time of GR.Block dynamic creation of serial number functionality so that only those serial numbers will be assigned to the lot which were created at the time GR

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you try asking this in the ABAP forum.

Craig