cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable cost element while creating Project Activity Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS Gurus,

I have a request to greyed out G/L Account in PR Service, it must refers to default G/L in Service Master. I did the customizing and field successfully greyed out. But when I tried create PR Service from PS Module (by T Code CJ20N), it didn't work. My ABAPER implemented SAP Notes 305621 but it also didn't work. Wish someone can help.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try the transaction SHD0 (Screen variant and Transaction variant) to make the field disable. I have done the same settings for making the short text field disable .

Follow the below procedure

1. Go to Transaction SHD0

2. Enter Transaction Code - CJ20N

Transaction Variants – ZCJ20N

3. Select “Create”

4. CJ20N screen will open

5. Create Network

- New Screen will open ( Just Press Enter without Copy settings tick )

6.Create Service Activity

7. Press Enter without copy settings tick and Do the same till the screen Entries with copy settings tick  (Screen values    0400 Program  SAPLMLSP    Subscreen   SERVICE)

8. Tick Output only to cost element field as highlighted in screen and then Save

9. New Screen will open

Enter Package Z001  -  SAP    ORQ    Customer development class 

Save

10. Save the Workbench request

11. Activate the transaction variant in SHD0 -> Standard variants tab -> Enter Name -> Activate.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunagirisamy & Terence..

Thanks for your helpful answer, it almost done

regards,

Listya

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Listya,

What kind of the error message you are receiving ?

How you have hidden the field and what is happening, can you please provide more insight on this ? Note 305621 is related to PM, i dont think this will impact on PS.

Below is the screenshot from service, are you checking about this cost element

Just click on the Configuration Icon (right corner with blue/ yellow icon) and you can make the field invisible. This will hide for all users.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Thanks for your helpful answer...

Our goal in making this field not editable is to keep the data consistency. at the moment, user sometimes change the Cost element manually and not refers to default Cost element from Service Master.

About to hidden the field, maybe that is our last option if there is no other way to solve this case.

Thanks

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Listya,

I dont think you have option to do that, since after greying out the cost element in the activity screen, you will be required to maintain it under services.

Have you tried validations / substitution to fix this, I dont think this will work at activity element level, but at activity level this will work.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence..

maybe i didn't make a clear explanation in the beginning.

Field that I want to grey out is

many thanks..

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Listya,

Yes, I got your point. Thats why i gave you the option to check with Validation.

When you create validations, the field will not be grey out, but still when the user try to change, system will issue a message.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

I'm trying to create a validation using t code OPSI --> Network Activity --> Create Validation --> Cerate step.

In Creating Step process I can't find Table field which contains GL Account control.

Could you please mention step to step to create this validation.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Listya

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Listya,

To validate the cost elements under Service activity is not straight forward. You need to validate the data from Network Activity to Network Activity element.

Your Pre-requisite

AFVGD-STEUS = 'PS04' AND AFVGD-WERKS = '1000'

Check

You need to code a logic in the User exit, stating the cost element from Network Activity, should be equal to the cost element under ESLL

In case if you have a list or single cost elements needs to be validated, you can create set in GS01 and use it in the code.

Your abaper will be aware about doing the same.

Create a custom message and assign it, to make sure user is aware as he cannot change the cost element.

Regards

Terence

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Listya,

The best option can be used as described by Ganesan Arunagirisamy

The advantage of using SHD0, you can limit the number of users or apply for all users.

For particular users, you can maintain the users list, but for standard variant, you need to click activate once the variant is created.

Regards

Terence

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Listya,

Try OPUB and select Network overview and make cost element as display.

hope this will work.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply, I try OPUB and OPUC but still no luck...