Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Heuristics behaviour at Weekly Data View

former_member215376
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Currently, we are running our SNP Heuristics at Monthly Data View and facing no issues. We get the expected heuristics plan based on the target days' supply, safety stock and demand, with respect to the location product master data.

Now, we plan to use a mix time buckets of Weekly (for the first 3 months say M0, M1 and M2) and Monthly (for M3 and onwards). Using this new data view, something is not right with the SNP Heuristics that it only shows/proposes 1 single plan. In other words, the proposal is only a single receipt on a certain time bucket which is happened to be the earliest available time bucket under Distribution Receipt (Planned) key figure, as if it summarizes all the demand across future time buckets. Our expectation, since the demand is also available across future time buckets, is that it will plan at least the same as Monthly Data View which is not just a single plan/receipt. I ran the same in the background and based on the log, the system only detected 1 Total Demand and hence only 1 plan proposal was generated. So no issue between foreground and background heuristics (the same results but still with 1 single plan).

Please let me know what else to look as I'm suspecting that this has something to do with the macros. I tried to create a Weekly Data View checking if the issue is because of the mix time buckets but I'm also getting the same result i.e. 1 single plan.

Thank you in advance for your feedback and advise.

Regards,

AA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

AA,

Are you using an unaltered 9ASNP as a storage bucket profile in your planning area?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member215376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

First, thank you for taking time answering my query.

Unfortunately, I'm not with my machine/laptop and couldn't recall if we are using 9ASNP as our storage bucket profile in our SNP planning area. Anyway, how is this connected with my issue of single heuristic plan given that we are only using the same planning area?

But what I do remember is that our storage time buckets is available at daily, weekly and monthly.

Regards,

AA

former_member215376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again DB49,

I can now be able to confirm that we are using custom storage bucket profile with day, week and month as periodicity. No FY variant and time stream ID.

Kindly let me know what else should I need to look at. Thank you.

Thanks,

AA

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi AA,

Can you try running the heuristics in the standard Planning Book/Data View 9ASNP94 / SNP94(1) and compare the results from you data view. Also validate the iterations & periods for the macros -Stock balance and Safety Stk/Reorder Point/ Targt Stock Level. One last thing would be to check the sequence of macros under the events (Default, level change, start, exit).

Regards

AK