Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Quant generated : Bin to Bin Transfer

Dilli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i am moving a material from one bin to another bin in the same warehouse / storage type without any other paramters getting changed ( Plant, Sloc, Material, Batch, Stock type, special stock indicator ), but still the system is getting a new quant when it moved to the destination bin. The desitnation bin is an empty bin without any other materials.

I am expecting that the same quant from the source bin to destination bin should be used. What type of configuration control to be done to achieve this functionality.

Regards,

Dilli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

I am not aware of any customizing setting that could be used to achieve this desire.

What is the reason for this wish?

Dilli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

There is a business need to use a material identification ID so that the geometry profile of a material can be identified in a warehouse. We thought of using Quant number to use it as an ID however when the quant changes frequently due to internal transfers then our solution may fail.

But i read that the quant characteristics are as stated above in my earlier query, still wondering how SAP is generating a new quant without affecting any of its existing characteristics.

Regards,

Dilli

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wouldn't be the bin and the bin section (if available) be the best parameter for your goal?

Technically it is just a move-corresponding to fill fields of a structure and it is just a design question if you create new quants or retain the old number. If you merge quants with a TO, then the moved quant will lose anyway, as the existing quant will increase in quantity.

Dilli
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your response.

Again Bin / Bin section will keep on changing whenever a move is initiated. I need something which is not getting changed.

We already have batch management active, however multiple units of the same material can have same batch and i need some traceability at the material level. Serial number is not desired  by client as it is a temporary stock ID which should be used within warehouse for identification purpose.

Regards,

Dilli

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am still not clear how by looking at Quant number you can identify the geometry profile

I had a  similar requirement to store extra character and we used "Certificate Number" field to store the extra value and at the time of BIN 2 BIN we used MWMTO001 to capture the value of certificate from Existing quant to the new quant

Hope this helps

Answers (0)