Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release DP to SNP- Peariod split

yadagiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a couple questions in release demand to SNP

1) In our project a monthly forecast released from DP to SNP in weeks. The requirement is the forecast should be released based on some percentage per week  (Week 1: 50 %, Week 2: 25 %, Week 3: 10 %, Week 4. 15%( currently it distributing equally between weeks and we have not maintained period split profile)

I think this can be achieved by using period split profile where the month has 4 weeks.

My question is what happens if there is a week split between the months

2) The second question is split months to weeks based on some percentage and next Weeks to days based on percentage.

Can I Maintain 2 period split profiles in release profile to achieve ? How?

Please suggest the way to achieve the above two requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards

Yadagiri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yadagiri,

In order to fulfill your requirement and to see the behavior, you need to basically use two objects -

1. Distribution Function - /SAPAPO/DFCT

2. Period Split profile - /SAPAPO/SDP_SPLIT

1. Yes you can maintain period split profile to dis aggregate data from Months to weeks. For wekly split option, you can use Posting period as starting periodicity and FY Variant - put the calendar which is being used. This way none of the weeks would be split.

2. Yes you can maintain two steps within the period split profile -

E.g.

1      12     Posting Period     A1     Week     DISTRIBUTION1

2       12     Week                          Days      DISTRIBUTION2

DISTRIBUTION1 and DISTRIBUTION2 you need to define first and define how you want the volume to be divided/spread across the horizon.

Note - There is very useful feature available within Period split profile - "Simulate Period Split profile"     at top of screen - This way after defining the profile, you can test how the profile is splitting the volume and make modifications as needed - I have found it to be very useful.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Alok

yadagiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Thanks for the quick replay

the statement:"For weekly split option, you can use Posting period as starting periodicity and

FY Variant"

Can you please explain bit more on this how to configure.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Yadagiri

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yadagiri,

Please have a look at below link for Fiscal year variant and posting period configuration in APO -

Regards,

Alok

Answers (0)