cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformation icon in Data Movement Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Transformation Icon (in the Toolbox window) is 'grayed out' and I can't select it.  The rest are fine. What is preventing me from using this selection?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This could happen if you have attached a model extension that has removed Transformations from the model., though I don't know of an extension that does this.

In this example, I've edited the SAP Data Services extension to show how it would look

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure where that editing would happen.

I am using Enterprise Architect and don't see the Business Process Modeling model available either.

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

If you installed PD originally and selected a less capable license (e.g. DataArchitect) at installation, then it would not have installed other model types except those supported by the license.

Better to install all components as a trial license and connect to your license later, especially if you upgrade or use different licenses from a floating license server.

This also helps when you apply patches, as only those installed components are patched.

For now, you might want to uninstall and reinstall PD.  As you now have an Enterprise Architect license, you should get the option to install all components, otherwise, choose 'Trial' and add your license after install.

Chris