cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical Actions in ARA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

What is exactly Critical Actions for. Its  a Basic Question.

I came with one scenario where I created a Critical Action with only Actions( ex. se16).

So when i performed Adhoc RiskAnalyis with Critical Actions checked, it is showing correct results.

I activated few authroizations in the permissions tab along with the Actions, and generated the Rules. Now when i perform Adhoc Risk Analyis, Strange its not showng the results. Users were not displayed with that Critical Action Risk.

So is the Critical Action is only for the Actions and do it considers the Permissions also?

Please clarify.

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes, it is same as permission level analysis. If you have permissions defined, then it will check that also.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Thanks for the reply.

Critical Actions risk will consider both actions and permissions right..

But in 5.3, the critical action risk considers only action defined in the functions r. Is there any change of the behaviour in 10.0.

We are on 10.1 sp09.. When i defined only action as sm30 and performed adhoc risk analysis with nly ocritical action-- the users were displayed. But when i have enabled permission

S_TABU_DIS  actvt 01 or

S_TABU_DIS  actvt 03 or

S_TABU_DIS  dicbercls and

the adhoc risk analsis for Critical Action risk is not showing any users wth the corresponding Critical action risk.

Is there any missing configuration or any thing wrong in the OR AND of the rules generation, Please help.

Regards,

Ravi.

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I thinks this has been changed in 5.3 lately I think but not sure. But it was like you mentioned long time ago.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prem,

But unfortunatley when i enabled permissions the Critical action risk is not displayed.

Is there any note regarding this.

Regards,

ravi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Did you create a new risk to define the CA?
Just double check if the T-code is active at action level within the function, maybe it's only active at permission level.

Thanks,

Priyanka