cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restful API is not exporting large volumne of data to XLS or XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am able to export smaller files to XML and XLS files with out any issue from CURL and RESTFUL.

I have a report with close to 1 million records. After schedule complete in wid format then exporting report to XML using RESTFul and curl

I am using below code

curl -G -s -H "accept:text/xml" -H "X-SAP-PVL:en_US" -H $token "http://localhost:6405biprws/raylight/v1/documents/$docid" >>tmp/file.xml

and I tried in CSV, XLS and PDF

WIReportServer is running and utilizing more than 80% to 90%. one session and one user and only above script is running in that

environment but data is not exported to the report.

Is there any row imitation for RESTful API ?   or CURL /RESTful wont support for larger data files ? or it is running long time? or this is not the correct approach?

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Satya

How did you get the value for $docid?

eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Eric, Please see below code.

step 1

curl -G -s -H "accept:application/xml" -H $token "http://localhost:6405/biprws/raylight/v1/documents/14579/schedules" >>14579_schedule.xml;

schedule list is going to xml file.

step 2

cat 14579_schedule.xml | grep '<id' | cut -d '>' -f 2 | cut -d '<' -f 1  >>docid.txt;

extracting the docid.

In progress:  extract the success docid only.

step 3

docid=$(sort -nr docid.txt | head -1);

collecting the max docid

Correct me if anything wrong

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Satya,

What happens if you try another call on the {docId} you extracted? For example "GET (application/xml) .../documents/{docId}" (depending on the version you are running) or "GET (application/xml) .../documents/{docId}/reports" ?

Moreover, be aware that your extraction workflow may return an id which is not a docId (for example a parameterId if you scheduled the document with prompts, etc.)

eric

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satya,

Could you provide us the version of BI4 you are running?

If you're performing this workflow on a document having less data, is everythin ok?

How many Webi servers do you have in your landscape?

Your document are based on UNV, UNX, BEX, XLS, ... ?

Best regards,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your support.

BI 4 Version : 14.1.6.1805

Less data : it is taking seconds (up to 1000 rows)

Web Server : 1

Documents are base on UNV

Here I am refreshing the report after that I am exporting that to CSV.

Regards
Satya

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satya,

If you still have this issue, whatever the export format (PDF, etc...), we will need more information to investigate like servers logs, etc...

Please, could you rise a CSS ticket to SAP with all this information, the exact workflow to reproduce, plus the server logs?

And you could too add a link to this discussion in order that SAP Support will be aware that this issue has already been roughly analyzed by people from R&D.

Best regards,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding server log and more information to the above question

<error>

<error_code>WSR 00101</error_code>

<message>An error has occurred while exporting the resource of type "Document" with identifier "25526" (FatalException occured. The cause was : com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$AllServicesDown: Unable to find servers in CMS localhost:6400 and cluster @localhost:6400 with kind webiserver and service null. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014)).</message>

</error>

I am the Admin for this box. no one manually down or disabled might be service restarted automatically.

I can download the report in (pdf,csv) few minutes from CMC latest instance. not successfull through RESTful.

Thanks

Satya

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

Satya,

You are comparing two very different workflows:

1. (the one with the error)

Here you are asking WebI to process a document (i.e. in your case, export it). Even if "no one manually down or disabled" the service, could you check in the CMC WebI server is still running?

2. (the one which is ok)

You just download an already processed WebI document.

eric

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"I have a report with close to 1 million records."

Uch! Webi is not a full database dumping tool! but an adhoc reporting one

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anthony, I know Webi is not a dumping tool. worijng in WEBI and DESKI last 15 years. Some times we need to implement this kind of requirement please bear with me. Please don't kill the topic.

Thanks & Regards
Satya

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nevermind Satya, I was just joking, we will do our best to help you anyway!

Best regards,

Anthony