cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-mapping in NW BPM

iddorijsdijk
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have one APERAK and one ORDERS message which I want to combine to one ORDRSP message using an Operation Mapping. I've created the input step of my automated activity like this:

But the outcome of the activity shows only those fields which have a fixed value mapped. All fields coming from the APERAK and ORDERS message are not filled.

How can I ensure that the target message gets filled correctly?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iddorijsdijk
Explorer
0 Kudos

I implemented a work-around: I added the ORDERS and APERAK message to a single canonical format and created the (1:1) mapping from this canonical format. This works for now.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iddo

If you want to combine two source messages in NW BPM, you need to implement an Aggregator Pattern to first collect both messages first before you can execute the multimap OM.

You can try searching for Aggregator or Collect patterns in SCN and there should be a number of examples.

Rgds

Eng Swee

iddorijsdijk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

Thanks for your answer, but I have no need to collect two messages of the same structure. I've implemented this:

Which works just fine, except for the mapping part: the result is always empty. The Data Objects DO_ORDERS and DO_Aperak contain the right values.

Any ideas?