Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: The Analysis Add-In is not registered correctly

stephen_hobbs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Myself and some of the Business users have been receiving the following message

I get this message when I try to view a file from the BO Platform (not via Excel). The users that get the message are unable to launch Analysis even if they select Close. They have to add the Add-In manually by ticking the Analysis name via the Add-Ins section.

The only thing that I am aware of changing it that we are rolling out Skype for Business across the company.

Has anyone else seen this error?

The users are on 1.4.7 but it happens on 2.1.2 and other versions.

I found note 1943590 which although it has a similar message, I don't think address the issue...

Thanks,

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

corey_hallisey
Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP Support directed me to Note 20512354 - we have a "mixed" Office installation  - Office 2010 with Lync 2013 installed on top of it.  Basically, they want us to check to see if we have a bunch of Registry entries that result from a "mixed" install that apparently confuse the Launcher.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Stephen.

Try to reinstall Microsoft Lync. This helped us.

But wait for the official response from the SAP would be good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rustyam,

As an organisation we have had all sorts of issues with Skype for Business 2016 so we have downgraded to Skype for Business 2015 and the Analysis issue has been resolved...

Regards,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having exactly the same issue and have raised SAP message, will keep you posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See OSS Note 2321784

corey_hallisey
Explorer
0 Kudos

We're having the exact same problem on a number of users machines, but it's far from consistent.  The issue seems to be profile-specific.

I've got one user who had Analysis 2.0SP4 installed, with LaunchBehavior=3 set so when they launch Excel, the Analysis add-in is automatically loaded, with no error messages.

However, when they try to launch an Analysis report from the BI Launchpad, they get the "plugin is not registered correctly" error, and the report doesn't open.

I have fully de-installed 2.0SP4, rebooted, and then installed the latest available version 2.3SP00, and re-tried.  Same error message appears.  So this tells me the de-install isn't cleaning up everything, or isn't re-registering the add-in properly with Excel.  But I can't find any details on what registry entries get created by the installer under a users profile.

My next step is to log a support ticket with SAP Support.  Then they'll ask me to do a NWCheckWorkstation and send them the results. The last time I went through that exercise, Support didn't really have anything better than "Please upgrade to the latest version".  Very frustrating.

If anyone has any details on what Registry entries to check for / cleanup after a de-install, that would be super helpful.

Cheers!

stephen_hobbs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Some more background behind this...

If a user tries to start Analysis from the Start menu or a short cut, although the splash screen appears, the add-in doesn't actually 'add-in'.

They have to manually add the add-in from the File>Options menu.

If they have their load behaviour set to 3 so that the add-in automatically appears when they start Excel the add-in does 'add-in' but when they close Excel they get the error message as above.

I'm 99% sure it's linked to the roll out of Skype for Business and although I doubt if it's a compatibility issue, there must have been a registry or system change.

Thanks for the replies so far...

stephen_hobbs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm wondering if it's got anything to do with Skype being part of the Office 2016 suite as there is no mention of compatibility either way in the PAM...

stephen_hobbs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I see in another thread that Analysis is not compatible with Office 2016 at the moment (planned for Q1 2016).

Does anyone else have Skype for Business installed and has no issues with Analysis launching?

Thanks, Stephen

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stephen, I have Skype for Business installed, but not activated unless I need it. I find a lot of frustration with other tools when Skype for Business add-on is activated, namely MS Outlook.

michael_tocik5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

We sometimes pick up this issue when the addin is disabled. Users don't always know that it has been disabled.

If you open excel go to addins and then select the disabled addins you might see it listed there.

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stefhen,

can you try with 1.4 Sp14 Patch1

check below note

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/2235973

Subhash