cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot number generation while doing GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a scenario where we do GR for the same material and same batch twice . It's a subcontracting scenario and the material is drop shipped from supplier to end customer . We do GR & inspection for samples (physically) the first time when the system generates a inspection lot number. The second time we do a GR, it's a virtual GR for the same batch and the system is not expected to generate new inspection lot number .  How can I achieve this . We have assigned inspection type 01 ( against PO) and 02 ( against production order) against the material in the inspection set up of MM. Please help me out here .

Thanks

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sri Sai,

As suggested by Julio you can achieve this by maintain the inspection lot control i.e. instead of activating at inspection type level (if you activate at inspection type level then it will be applicable for all materials)

in material master we have an option in quality management to maintain the Inspection lot control only for particular materials so please maintain that and update the status

Regards,

Venkatesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks Julio and Venkatesh. I tried all the above options and system is still creating new inspection lot number. Since the second time we are doing MIGO for the same material and batch , its virtual and the storage location field in the MIGO is blank and greyed out. Is it the reason why the system is creating a new inspection lot number inspite of having option 2 in  the inspection lot set up for that material. How do I address this .

My requirement :

We do a physical MIGO for sample shipment (against a manual PO ) for a certain material/batch - New inspection lot created.

We do virtual MIGO for the same material/batch ( like the one above) against a subcontracting PO ( created automatically from sales order ( PR-PO) ) which will be drop shipped by the supplier to the end customer .

I don't want the system to create a new inspection lot number when MIGO is done second time against the subcontracting PO.

Thanks

Sai

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri Sai,

I think, your PO was created before than these proposed changed for "Control InsLot" were implemented, So, Ideally, you can do these changes in DEV system, test with a new PO, and see if these changes are working fine or not. Ideally it should work.

You have two choices -

a) Make the proposed change for inspection type 01 => Only in case you have this functionality for all incoming materials.

b) Make the proposed change at Material Master, Quality View for 01 inspection type => Only you have to do it foe selected set of materials and not for all materials.

Though not advised as there is no value addition to system, but you can created a new custom inspection type with this specific requirement b) and add directly for these materials, rather then changing in the Material master.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone come across this kind of scenario. I was hoping to get some leads on this and I am disappointed 😞

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Please explore the control options for the inspection lot creation in Customizing. Either options 2 or X may fulfill your requirements.

BR, Julio