Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport KPI Modeler configurations

former_member188396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Recently we have implemented Open Purchase Orders Fiori app by configuring KPI using KPI Modeler and HANA Views.

Now, we are ready to move it to next environment.

For that, i was looking for how we can move/transport KPI configurations from one system to another but did not find anything.

Does anyone have Idea on how we can transport KPI related configurations from one system to another or do we have to do it manually in each system?

Thanks,

Bhavik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member113639
Participant
0 Kudos

Use the migration tool Smart Business download - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/28/bb30fccab54b4a965c00d02a6ae343/content.htm

Also refer to the SCN blog

former_member188396
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I am in process of trying this approach and will update once I am able to do successfully.

-Bhavik

former_member188396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am downloading with the help of this link. Once I click Download, where does it get downloaded?

I do not see anything getting downloaded.

-Bhavik

former_member188396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I could download it successfully as TRNASPORT_CHECK role was missing along with some object previlages. Please check link:

But, once downloaded, I am uploading these files in the package on the same DEV system. Now, in order to move to other systems, I have to export through delivery Unit.

To do that, objects have to be activated first. But, getting error while activating KPI.hdbti file. When I try to activate, it is trying to import the contents in the same system and throws error saying Key Violation.

So, how can I export it while object is inactive?

-Bhavik

0 Kudos

Hi Devika,

We are facing the same issue while activating the KPI.hdbti file. Can you please let us know how you fixed this issue?

Thanks,

Vasu

former_member188396
Participant
0 Kudos

I was not able to do anything. I had used workaround. I did upload it in the Sandbox environment and activated there. Once activated, I had exported delivery unit from sandbox and then imported to other systems.

This is not the right approach though and I would not recommend unless you have the urgency and want to proceed further.

That is why I was looking for the real answer to this and so far I have not found any.

-Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavik,

After downloading the .CSV and .HDBTI files, you had uploaded them in a package in DEV system.

Please let me know this upload you had done using the WebIDE or via some other method?

I am asking asking this question, because I checked this blog SMART Business Download Tool - KPI Modeler and it suggested to use WebIDE and if I am not wrong, separate license is required to use WebIDE.

Kindly let m me know, as its very important for planning the further project activities.

Best Regards,

Rahul Malani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I have tried all the mentioned steps here, and finally I'm able to download all the required ,csv files, however the .hdbti file is not downloading.

Assigned the SAP_SMART_BUSINESS_MODELER, SAP_SMART_BUSINESS_RUNTIME,

SAP_SMART_BUSINESS_TRANSPORT roles, still it didn't work.

Assigned object privileges - sap.hba.r.sb.transp.db:: TRANSP_CHECK(SAP_HBA) and sap.hba.r.sb.transp.db:: TRANSP_LOG(SAP_HBA), stil didn't work.

Could you please put some light on how you did it at your side. It would be very kind, if you can give us the steps for how to download the required .csv files and .hdbti file. 

Regards,

Kamal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devisha,

You need to do above task, manually and yes please refer the blog above.

Regards,

Tejas

former_member188396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Can you please be more specific about what steps requied to activate the hdbti file to export the delivery unit?

-Bhavik

0 Kudos

Hi Devisha,

But we cannot migrate package to sandbox as well because we will get the same activation error in sandbox too.

Thanks,

Vasu

0 Kudos

One more thing is that I migrated the packages excluding the KPI.HDBTI from DEV to QA HANA database. But I am not able to find the evaluations for the apps that are present in DEV system in QA system. Only standard evaluations are available. Do we have to do anything else apart from importing the csv files or is it mandatory to import the KPI.HDBTI file too to see the evaluations in the target system? Without this KPI.HDBTI, we cant see the evaulations in target system that are present in source system?

Thanks,

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasu,

Were you able to do this transport successfully? I mean were your all issues resolved.

One more important part, have you used WebIDE to upload the .CSV and .HDBTI files in the package or used any other method?

Best Regards,

Rahul Malani

win_rodrigues
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am facing the same issue.

I was able to download to .csv and .hdbti files and add them to the package.

I transported the package to the target system but I am unable to view the tiles.

On checking, I see that all files are present in the destination system except the KPI.HDBTI file

I checked in the source system and saw that the KPI.HDBTI file is not active in the source system.

I tried to activate it in the source system but I get the below error

[16:59:06] Error while activating /Z_FIORI_KPI/KPI.hdbti:
[Z_FIORI_KPI:KPI.hdbti] Importing data into table failed. The data contains duplicate rows or the the table already contains a subset of the data

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Regards,

Win

»