Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy between Planning Version Errors Out

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This is regarding Copy Version function with IBP Excel Add-in.

Using Manage -> Copy option from Excel UI,  we are trying to copy data between Baseline Version into Upside Version, it errors out without any details on possible cause.   Refer attached screenshot.

We are using IBPCONFIG user who has ALL INCLUSIVE role assigned.  We are on IBP 4.0.2.1 - Support Pack 2 Patch 1(Starter Edition).

Appreciate if you share any input/experience in this regard.

Please let me know if you need any information from my side.

Thank you,

Satish Waghmare

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Check the last activation log of planning area and see if your version is properly activated. Your version might not have got activated if SCN_COUNT_MAX parameter is not set since by default only 3 version can be created.

Re activate the planning area and try version copy again.

Thanks,

Rohit

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit

Thanks for your input.

Yes, we had warning message in our last planning area activation.

Yes, we have maintained the  SCN_COUNT_MAX parameter as 10. Planning area was reactivated without these warning messages now. However we are still continue to receive error(error but without any details) when Version Copy is run within Excel Add-in.

Please let me know what else can cause the issue.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

This can be further analyzed by checking the backend log. You may raise an incident to SAP if not able to resolve.

Thanks,

Rohit

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit. We raised an incident to SAP and was able to resolve the issue with Version Copy.

Findings by SAP - they noticed some inconsistency in version table which was not generated properly after planning area activation. SAP reactivated the planning area after making the dummy change in versions and then version copy working fine now.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Answers (0)