Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order creation considering the relationship

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I need to create an order which consider the duration and  demand qty coming from the FG. We want to maintain a START-START relationship so that order start duration should be the Dependent demand's avail/req duration which will achieve our start-start relationship.Please share how should I setup this scenario in PP/DS and also we want to achieve this scenario without maintaining offsets for SFG's in BOM.

Thanks

Debasis Nanda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debasis,

Sounds like you are describing Continuous Production.

Planning with Continuous Input/Output - Processes in Repetitive Manufacturing - SAP Library

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy49,

Yes we are using the continuous production but we are not able to achieve our requirement.Can you highlight the strategy settings in APO we need to maintain in this case 

Thanks

Debasis Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debasis,

???  I don't know what 'strategy settings' you are talking about. 

If you intend to use Continuous I/O, the prerequisites are clearly described in the link I provided.  Assuming you are linked to an ECC, you have to start with the BOMs and the Production Version.   Have you set your data up accordingly?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy 49,

Let me give you a clear picture what  the scenario is

FG has four operations OP2,OP6,OP10 and OP20.

"Required overlapping " is done for OP2,OP6 and OP10  and also move times maintained to achieve start-start relationship.

The first two operations OP2 and OP6 are assembly operations and at FG level they are just maintained as dummy operations with 1 sec machine time to send it to APO.We have assigned the assemblies at OP2 and OP6 so that we recieve FG's demand.

We have individual operations at Assembly level with same resource as in FG operations 2 and 6 , so when we receive demand at assembly heuristics will generate planned orders considering assemblies PDS.

We want that OP2 at FG and Operation at assembly 1 should start at same time .Since both are exactly the same operations.Currently it is not happening the same .

Current situation

E.g.

OP2

Activity start date - 2016-01-22   09:26:00

Activity end date - 2016-01-22     09:26:29

Demand at Assembly 1

We are observing dependent demand with end date 2016-01-22 and time 09:26:00.Here we want that when we run the heuristics it should create order with start date  at 2016-01-22 and time 09:26:00 and end after considering the process time.The start duration of the planned order should be the same at FG's OP2 activity start date and time.

But standard heuristics will backward schedule and create the order earlier and finish it on the Dependent demand date.

Thanks

Debasis Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debasis,

The first two operations OP2 and OP6 are assembly operations and at FG level they are just maintained as dummy operations with 1 sec machine time to send it to APO.We have assigned the assemblies at OP2 and OP6 so that we receive FG's demand.

We have individual operations at Assembly level with same resource as in FG operations 2 and 6 , so when we receive demand at assembly heuristics will generate planned orders considering assemblies PDS.

I will not speculate upon what bizarre business requirement could have caused someone to pursue this particular solution, but instead I will focus on this question:

We want that OP2 at FG and Operation at assembly 1 should start at same time . 

I believe this can be satisfied using Continuous I/O functionality in ECC and SCM.  Follow the instructions in the SAP online help link provided earlier.  Create and use a Distribution Key similar to the SAP standard GLEI for the plants in scope.  In SCM use the heuristic mentioned in the link.

Best Regards,

DB49

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

Also you can have a look at below link for Settings and process needed for Continuous I/O in PPDS -

Scenario - Using Continuous Input Output in PPDS - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN Wiki

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Alok