cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V1 499 - returns alert when entering SA delivery order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are setting up a scheduling agreement process with delivery orders using document type LZM for the scheduling agreement and document type TAM for delivery orders. Returns are done with sales document type RM (no external service agent is used).

What we notice during test is that once a return (RM) has been booked on a schedule agreement, a notification (message number V1 - 499) is given in a pop-up every time a new TAM delivery order is entered. This keeps happening even if the return order has status complete (fully received and reimbursed). As a scheduling agreement typically runs for an extended period of time this pop-up is not very user friendly. The message is triggered from standard SAP program FV45EF0V_VBEP-WMENG_PRUEFEN_FO.

Can anybody tell me what could be the reason this message is given for every delivery made on that scheduling agreement item. In my opinion this can be disabled but I want to make sure I do not overlook anything. As this will be a manual process for some time we want to make the user experience as smooth as possible. Once the customer is ready the EDI message process will be initiated.

Should we want to disable this message for document type TAM, is there any possibility to do this other than via a user exit?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Arnold v.d. Broek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are the returns created with reference to the original scheduling agreement?

What does the message say?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Yes, the returns are referencing the original scheduling agreement. When entering a new sales order (e.g. document type TAM) referencing this scheduling agreement the message

There are already returns for item 000010: 1 ST

is shown in a pop-up. This is standard SAP message number V1 499.

I can understand pop-up coming up when the return has not yet been fully processed, but once it has been fully completed I would no longer expect it.

Thanks for your support.

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arnold,

Instead of adding more quantity to the same line item, try to create new line items in the scheduling agreement and check.

By the way, does your scheduling agreement have more than one schedule line per item?

Also, you can use this as a turn around - whenever there are no returns for a line item in the SA, more schedule lines with different delivery dates can be added to the same item.

If there has been a return for a line item, in case more quanttity of the same material needs to be sold, create a new line item in the SA and create Delivery orders against this new line item.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Yes, the returns are referencing the original scheduling agreement. 

Standard Best Practice is to create any return document with reference to parent billing document and I am not sure, why your client are creating returns with reference to scheduling agreement.  May be you can explore this option so that going for unnecessary enhancement can be avoided. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Thank you for your suggestion.  I can offer this option to the customer, however the see the fact that all forecast and planning history is maintained in one line item as a strength of the solution.

I will check what happens during EDI processing; should a workflow be triggered we may want to suppress that.

Kind regards,

Arnold v.d. Broek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for your suggestion. Indeed, standard best practice is to reference a billing document when creating a return. In case of scheduling agreements, however, SAP has its own default return document types that directly reference the scheduling agreement.

Main difference with regular returns referencing the billing document is that the requirements for the scheduling agreement in the material requirements overview (MD04) are updated immediately based on the return document so the next MRP run will create or update a plan order to cover the missing (returned) parts.

In case the return references the billing document of the delivery order the sales representative will have to manually adapt the planning delivery schedule in order to trigger a plan order.

It does prevent the pop from coming up, but the manual adjustment required will be more effort than clicking away a (merely annoying) pop-up.

Kind regards,

Arnold v.d. Broek