cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trusting popup in iOS enterprise app using Afaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we've an enterprise iOS app. If we install it manually in iPad with iOS9, it appears a popup saying that the enterprise developer is not trusted.

This is explained here: Guidelines for installing custom enterprise apps on iOS - Apple Support

This guide says that if we use a MDM, as Afaria, we will avoid the popup.

However, we've an enrolled iPad, we download the app, and when are going to open, the popup appears.

Do we have or can do anything in Afaria to avoid the popup?

PD: Some extra documentation: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30722883/ios9-untrusted-enterprise-developer-with-no-option-to-tr...

iOS9 Approve enterprise trust new? | Apple Developer Forums

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josue,

Remember that you MUST deploy the app as a managed app for this to work.

Policy, <App>, General, "Deploy using MDM"

BR

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I'm not the Afaria Administrator. When you say that I've to deploy the app as "Managed App", this work is with XCode generating the ipa file or with Afaria?

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It has to be deployed through Afaria using the MDM protocol or you will always be prompted as per the new Apple security feature.

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's all within Afaria.

If the app is not deployed as a managed app then it's considered side-loaded and not trusted. Only managed (MDM) apps are trusted by default.

BR

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I've marked the 'Deploy using MDM protocol' and still appears the untrusted popup

Have I to mark any other check?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you re-deploy the app to the devices ?

I suggest that you:

1) Remove the app from the (test-)device

2) from the Afaria Console perform an "Apply Policies" on that particular device

3) Approve the app install on the device

4) Confirm that it's now working 🙂

If it works using the above but fails using your app catalog then you need to make sure your app catalog is able to handle managed apps.

BR

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The Afaria Administrator has confirmed to me that he has done these steps and the popup still appears.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you see from the software inventory of the device in Afaria if the app is "managed" or "unmanaged" ?

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Josue,

Just to confirm you are using the custom signed application and you are adding it in Afaria on the iOS Afaria application page under settings > enrollment correct?

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

I generate the ipa file with a distribution certificate. The users doesn't download the enterprise applications from a iOS Afaria client. They have an icon that connects with an internal URL that shows a list of applications, with a "Client packages" title.

Thank you.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Deploying in that manner, not using Afaria to push thru the MDM protocol as a managed application, will always prompt.  Peter has the right of it.

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

then my bet is that the apps are deployed as untrusted apps.