Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Network Issue

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue while working with Standard Network Creation. In CN01 transaction, when I start creating a Standard Network( by copy metheod), the mandatory input first is Network Profile. It refers to the transaction OPS5 to maintain the same. Further in next screen when I give the required Network ID to be created the same profile appears and I created Standard Network. Further in CN09, when I started mapping the material to the standard WBS & Network I will be assigning Network Profile again which is derived from OPUU.

If I dont define the requisite Pre-defined plant and Cost Elements & Purchase Organisation in OPS5 transaction created Network Profile and leave it blank, what impact it will have further.

In current case is it just a manadtory requisite to have standard network profile and actually network profile (OPUU) will overrule in CN09?.

I am successful in creating the Standard WBS & Network and using assembly processing I am able to generate WBS also automatically. But, still I feel something is wrong here.

Any inputs on this is really appreciated.

Regards,

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

The need of std WBS and networks are to copy easily from template(std) to the operative (live) structures. Follow the below steps when doing that:

1) Determine what fields will be used in WBS elements/networks by the users; if necessary for each project/network profiles

2) Define std Project/WBS / network fields optional, mandatory, suppress etc. by using overview variants / selection fields configuration for Templates

3) Align Project/WBS/Network fields to (2) by the overview variants / selection fields configuration for Operative Structures

4) Copy the std. Project/WBS/Network to Operative structures.

If you follow these steps, you should not have any issues later on.

Regards,

Dave

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave. Just for creation of Standard Network we can have a seperate Standard Network Profile. This is a mandatory requirement before we copy from existing Standard Network. If we want we can default the Plant, Purchase Organisation and Currency in the profile. This is done in OPS5 transaction. Usually its better to leave it blank as while creating project, from Standard  Project- the regular Network Profile (OPUU) is used to create project automatically from Sales Order (i.e. Assembly Processing).

Whatever material I want to use as part of Assembly Processing-Sales Order, I have to assign that material in CN09 with Standard Network & Standard WBS.

I am closing the thread. 

Mohan