cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Tax Identification Number Determination Problem.

sreenivasulu_v
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need solution for VAT reg. number problem in billing document.

I had scenario were VAT reg. number to be picked from sold-to party hence i made below configuration.

The VAT reg. number is printed on every invoice made by the entities, based on the customer master data and configuration table (Sales and Distribution => Basic Functions => Taxes => “Maintain Sales Tax Identification Number Determination”). In this table, in the "Tax number" field I maintained as (A) for respective sales origination , according to this the tax number and tax classification are generally copied from the sold-to party.  The tax number is copied according to the 'country of destination relevant for taxes'.

But when i create a billing document for export scenario with different sold-to party in one country and ship-to party in other country ( for both partners VAT values are maintained in customer master ) the VAT reg. number is not populating it remains blank in billing document.But origin of Tax field is showing as sold-to party (C) in billing document.

I need the VAT reg. number to be populated according to sold-to party.

So, Can any one suggest how i can get the sold-to party VAT reg. number to be populated in billing document.

Thank you,

Sreeni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sreeni,

What is the justification given by Business to have the VAT Number of Sold to Party printed in case of export Transaction?

Generally there is no Sales tax involved in Export Transactions and I do not see the necessity of populating the VAT Number in Billing Document.

Unless the Sales transaction is within countries of European Union where is the VAT Number is required as per Intrastat rules.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

sreenivasulu_v
Discoverer
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply,

This is the requirement for client, when there is sold-to-party belongs to mother country and ship-to belongs to different country then the VAT Reg. number should come from sold-to-party only not according destination country.

Sreeni.