cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How LS4H (Lumira Server for HANA) stores the analytical chart ID's in the HANA DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
I'm Using SAP LUMIRA Server for Hana.
Since the LS4H is installed on Hana, While researching in backed,  I found that all the Lumira related content is storied in system table "SAP_BI_LAUNCHPAD", it contains all the Information related to Lumira charts, data sets .i.e. each story has one unique id and all the information related to that is stored in that  system table.

One thing I would like to know, where can I find the information related to the charts that are present in the story.

For example.

In the below image 1,2,3 ,4 are the analysis made in a story, So I'm very much curious to know where does the information regarding those 4 item are stored in the  System tables for the SAP_BI_LAUNCHPAD,I have requirement to use them in a use case.

Kindly provide me the information.

Thanks and Regards,
M.Shashikiran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am pretty sure the visualizations are not stored in the system tables. These are part and parcel of the actual file. Much like with Crystal Reports an embedded subreport is part of the main report thus there is no way to add it to the system table.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Ludek,

but I would like to know where does the charts 1,2,3,4 information are stored (present in the image).
And also how are they rendering.

It will be great If you can provide this information.

Thank you,

M.Shashikiran.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

those thumbnails images are HTML5 -renderings, and their internal references are stored in the proprietory .lums file of the lumira document.

there is no option for you to 'hack' them out and re-use them .

regards,

H

former_member185490
Participant
0 Kudos

The thumbnail 1,2,3,4 images are stored in sap.bi.launchpad.db.tables::BI_ITEM_DEFINITION under content column. All the metadata used (type of chart, x-axis, etc...) is stored in this table and during run time of Lumira Launchpad and when you open a story, Lumira gets this metadata and data from database and renders these charts on client side. It also stores last refreshed image into same column.

Without client side processing in recreating these charts , I dont believe to get these charts and display on your UI.

Thanks,

Naresh G

Answers (0)