cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of R using Expert Analytics not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I already had R-3.1.2 installed on my machine in the directory C:\Users\Public\R-3.1.2. When I tried to execute the R-K-Means algorithm, the follwong error message was shown

So I decided to deinstall R as well as RStudio. In the SAP Desktop Installation Guide it was written on page 18, that all the R registry entries need to be removed. However, it is not specified which R registry entries. I searched for the registry entries which are mentioned on the following website

R for Windows FAQ

I could only find the registry entry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.RData on my machine which I also removed. Then I removed the folder R-3.1.2 in the directory C:\Users\Public\ manually. Moreover, it is mentioned in the Desktop Installation Guide that the R environment variables (R_LIBS, R_HOME) and R path variables need to be removed. However, in my case there were no R environment variables set, so I could not find them.

When all these pre-checks were done, I tried to install R-3.1.2 using Expert Analytcis. It pops up the following error message "Installation von R-3.1.2 ist fehlgeschlagen".

Can you help me further? Thanks. Lihas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check whether KMeans library is there in your R downloaded libraries, otherwise you need to install that particular package.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, this package should be installed by default by Expert Analytics.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lihas

As Antoine mentioned, please look at that blog, in that I have mentioned about some common issues with R integration. Please check if any of those is related to yours and if still you are facing challenges, please post it with bit more details. We will be glad to help you.

Regards

Ranajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranajay,

I followed the installation steps from step 1 to 5 and had no issues. Now I am stucked on Problem 2. As mentioned in the solution I have changed the default path to C:\Users\sisa\.sappa. Sisa is my windows user ID. Attached you can find the configuration screenshots

And this is the error message I receive when I try to install R using EA mode which is the same error message as mentioned in Problem 2 of your blog.

What else can I do?

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lihas,

Are you licensed to the product? Is creating a SAP support ticket an option?

Best regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lihas

Do one thing, it should work. No need to go to install tab , rather go to configuration tab, and change the path to the path where your R packages installed like for me the directory where my R is installed is C:\Program Files\R\R-3.1.2. Just change the path and click ok, don't go to installation tab as you have already done your R installation. Then run your algorithms in SAP PA expert mode. they will work. See the below snapshot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lihas

kindly let us know, if you have managed to resolve the issue..

Regards

Ranajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjay,

I tried it as you mentioned. This is the error message I receive.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Are you entitled to SAP Support? Is this an option for you to create a support ticket with all the details?

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonie,

I just triggered the process to obtain a S-User account. It is currently assessed in Walldorf. As soon as I get the credentials, I will create a support ticket.

Sahil

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Smart move - once you have done that, can you please mention the support ticket identifier here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonie,

it seems that I cannot select SAP Predictive Analytics from the product names (see attached file). My company has several test license for SAP PA which are valid up to 90 days. Do you know what is the reason why I cannot select SAP PA from this dropdown field?

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not familiar with this screen - where is it shown?

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

I managed it to create a ticket. This is the ticket number (0000984753 2015).

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK - I'll keep an eye when time allows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

the issue is now solved. I installed SAP PA 2.4 and then deinstalled my local R version and reinstalled it using SAP PA. Since then I can run my R algorithm.

Can you link me to a tutorial on how to use JDBC Writer in conjunction with SAP HANA?

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please post a new question.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Glad to now this is resolved - smart move from support to suggest the PA 2.4 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that Kmeans library is not available for R-3.1.2

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Here is my working version of SAP PA 2.3 Patch 2. I installed R 3.1.2 from within the tool and I can run the R implementation of K-means.

By the way I would recommend you to have a look to the clustering algorithm in Automated Analytics as you can do supervised clustering (targeting an output measure) which is more interesting from a business standpoint.

Best regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed the SAP PA 2.3 Patch 2, but it did not help. I am having the same problem. Any other hints?

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Have a look to this blog & follow the R outside of PA installation route.

Challenges & solutions regarding R Integrat... | SCN

Sorry for the inconveniences faced here. If you are a SAP customer, I would recommend that you raise a support ticket.

Best regards

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lihas,

Are you using the latest version of SAP Predictive Analytics?

Thanks & regards

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I mean this one - It is release 2.3 Patch 2.

Please follow the indications here for finding this product release.

Best regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonie,

I have SAP PA version 2.3.1 installed on my machine.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please install the patch 2 and see if it improves things

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I download the file PADESKTOP2003P_2_70000149.exe? I see no instructions for download in the link you mentioned.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Use this link: and refer to the question

As a SAP Predictive Analytics customer, I want to download the latest releases I am licensed to. Where should I go?