cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master database replication error

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating subscription for master database, distributor is down with following error. database subscription remains in defined state.

Tried created with defined, activate and validated command restarted distributor but no luck. I am using rep server 15,7 and ASE 15.7.

I. 2015/11/12 15:04:04. PRIMARY Replication Server: Defining subscription <repdef_master_01_to_02_sub> for database replication definition <repdef_master_01> with primary at <test_01.master> with replicate at <test_02.master>

W. 2015/11/12 15:05:01. WARNING #60026 DIST(411 test_01.master) - sub_dist.c(1463)

No synchronization handle was found for sync element RSHRshandleInfoMutex. (3326)eneric/useful/sync.c.

E. 2015/11/12 15:05:01. ERROR #60037 DIST(411 test_01.master) - sub_dist.c(1470)

Failed to release lock on sync element 'SubGlblMutex'. Info 19

I. 2015/11/12 15:05:01. DIST for 'test_01.master' is waiting for SQM(s) to flush to outbound queue(s).

I. 2015/11/12 15:05:01. The distributor for 'test_01.master' is shutting down

Any idea ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

terry_penna
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry forgot to ask if you might be using the steps in MSA section of the Replication Server admin guide vol1 to set up master database replication?

Regards

Terry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

I am using MSA.

terry_penna
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you first try and resume the DIST and if so did it stay up?  If it went down again did it produce the same error?

If that did not work then lets look at the following:

Are you using an ASE RSSD or an embedded ERSSD?   If you are using an RSSD have you tried shutting down the RS and shutting down then restarting the ASE that has the RSSD?  It looks like there is an issue with the SQM?  Restarting everything may produce a different error and it will have the SQM retry to read the queue.

If those two things do not work can you upload the complete RS log for evaluation.

Regards

Terry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recreated connection, repdef and subscription and it worked.

terry_penna
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes that will usually work as well... 

terry_penna
Participant
0 Kudos

Are you following the master database setup that is in the Replication Server Administrators Guide Vol 2?   You should not have to create a subscription for replication of the master database.

If you are trying to replicate the all of master this is not supported.

Regards

Terry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarry,

I am following this -

1. User rs_init to set up the primary and replicate master databases. 
  2. Use bcp or manually synchronize syslogins and suids at each master database. Do not use dump and load to materialize the replicate master database. 
  3. Mark the primary master database: 
    sp_reptostandby master, ‘all’ 
  4. Stop the RepAgent on the primary master database: 
    sp_stop_rep_agent master 
  5. Configure the replication primary master database to send warm standby transactions: 
    sp_config_rep_agent master,‘send warm standby xacts’,‘true’ 
  6. Restart the RepAgent on the primary master database: 
    sp_start_rep_agent master 
  7. Create a database replication definition to replicate the system procedures: 
    create database replication definition master_dbrep with primary at PDS.master replicate system procedures 
  8. Create a database subscription for each subscribing master database; do not materialize the data: 
    create subscription master_dbsub1 for database replication definition master_dbrep with primary at PDS.master with replicate at RDS.master without materialization