Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SWPM system copy - Oracle error.

former_member312761
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Collegues,

I try to prepare SAP system copy by SWPM (ERP 6.06, Oracle 11.2.0.3, Linux SuSE) and I have a problem. Oracle backup on the source system has been prepared and restored on the target system via BRTOOLS (brrestore -m full -b beridydy.afd). New directories also was done SAPDATA.. SAPTRACE etc . with proper rights :

chmod 775 sapdata…

chown oraSID:dba sapdata…

And after restore if I try to continue SWPM task I see the error during the task – Oracle Backup/Restore database – finished

DIAGNOSTIC: Error message:ORA-00205 error in identifying control file, check alert log for more info.

If I open ora_sql_results.log I see:

ORA-32004: obsolete or deprecated parameter(s) specified for RDBMS instance

ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 1386356736 bytes

Fixed Size            2228224 bytes

Variable Size          704643072 bytes

Database Buffers      671088640 bytes

Redo Buffers            8396800 bytes

ORA-00205: error in identifying control file, check alert log for more info

I didn’t do anything from Oracle side except restore DB via BRTOOLS and creating directories. Shall I do something else before this step on the Oracle side ? What else should be done ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Tomasz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member312761
Participant

Hi,

Rights to the directory have been changed (777) and still the same error. Regarding to the CONTROL file, as I mentioned before, this kind of file hasn’t been generated on the source server and currently I don’t have access to this server.

I have access only to the new server and backup directory, for example into the /oracle/SID/sapbackup/backup_name I found file cntrlOLD_SID.dbf, maybe I can use this file in this case ? But how and what additionally should be done ?

Regards,

Tomasz

alexander_brocke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thomasz,

You have access to the backup from which you restored your database? Please try to restore the control file from this backup by br*tools. You should give it a try.

Once you may get access to your source system, read this:

Restore using brtools fail due to missing contr... | SCN

and

Another chance may be to use the toolset "orabrcopy" that is available at SAP Service Marketplace.

Or try to create the Control-files on your. A sample control.sql i just attached.

Regards,

Alex

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ORA-00202: control file: '/oracle/SID/112_64/dbs/cntrlSID.dbf'

Could you check permissions on the directory ? Try to assign it with 777 & check again .

Regards

former_member312761
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, I found below info :

<txt>ORA-00210: cannot open the specified control file

ORA-00202: control file: &apos;/oracle/SID/112_64/dbs/cntrlSID.dbf&apos;

ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status

Linux-x86_64 Error: 2: No such file or directory

Additional information: 3

</txt>

In fact into this directory I see only the following files- Init.ora, initSID.1.ora, initSID.ora, initSID.sap, lkSID

I didn’t create CONTROL file into the target server and additionally currently I don’t have an access to the source system, only access to the target server. Some ideas?

Regards,

Tomasz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tomasz,

What is the version for DB in source?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

former_member312761
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Anita,

The same on the source and target system - ORACLE 11.2.0.3.0 based on the Linux SUSE x86_64

Regards,

Tomasz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tomasz,

You need to generate the control file structure for the target database.

Please check following guide for Oracle specific steps (Pg 49, 52).

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001323962012E

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tomasz,

Kindly check alert log file for error details. You can find it in below location:

<SAPDATA_HOME>/saptrace/diag/rdbms/<dbname>/<DBSID>/trace/alert_<DBSID>.log

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita