cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitute WBS element plant value to Network Header plant

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is When ever we change the plant value on WBS element and click on save then the plant value on network header should substitute with WBS element plant value. For this i have created one step under network header in OPSN(Substitution rule) and assigned the user exit. But this exit is not triggering while saving WBS element. In this scenario how can we substitute Network header plant value with WBS plant value.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

vijaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

I dont think you can achieve this, since the network plant will greyed out automatically on save with respect to the WBS element.

Regards

Terence

0 Kudos

Hi Maria Terence,

Thank you for your quick responce.

Is it always greyedout and standard functionality?

Thanks & Regards

vijay

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thats a standard functionality. I dont think there is any other option to do with it.

You can also test in your system, by creating a WBS element and network.

Regards

Terence

0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

If we assume it is not greyedout, is there any way to substitute Network header plant value with WBS plant value. I tried it by creating substitution rule step under network header in OPSN transaction.But it is not getting triggered while saving WBS element.And it is triggering while saving Network header. Please suggest me while saving the WBS, Network header substitution rule gets triggered or not?

Thanks & Regards

vijay

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

To create a Network you need a Network profile , and Network profile is always at plant level, which means if you use particular network profile , then plant is default. Idle solution for you will be , created a network profile for each plant that you planning to use in WBS. And put a validation on network profile , based the plant assigned in the WBS.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,

Thank you for your response.

Is possible through configuration? If yes please suggest me how to acheive this

Regards

vijay

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Process wise it is not possible after the RELease status. Because the network may have confirmations after REL and changing the Plant is not allowed.

Can you please give use business reasons why the Plant should be changed on the WBS element? If this is an incorrect selection, then yes it should be changed but only before REL. Otherwise you create another WBS/network structure in the correct/new Plant and move all the expense incurred to date, to the new structure.

Regards,

Dave