Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical monitoring for Web-Dispathcer

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

i am configuring technical monitoring for web dispatcher, i have installed SMD Agent in system and also i manually added system into Solution Manager but SMD Agent not able to communicate Web-Dispatcher, SMD Agent service on port 50013 but there is not service on dispatcher with this port.

error screen shot attached

error i am getting on solman "

System Monitoring UI shows 'Cannot connect to service sapstartsrv'

error."

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

have you resolved the issue ? if so please share the solution. I am having similar issue on technical monitoring setup for webdispatcher.

Thanks

Dominic

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

I was able to fix this issue,

Solution: please use sapinst for installing web dispatcher and so that sapstartsrv service will work.

because this service is required fro solution manager for monitoring web dispatcher.

please let me know if you any other question.

Regards,

Mohinder 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

Yes it is correct, webdispatcher was not installed using sapinst and there is no sapstartsrv service to connect.

Thanks

Dominic

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichaelFoley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is a common enough error in monitoring.

To resolve, please have a look at Note 1771916 - metrics collected via sapstartsrv are grey/wrong.

You can "add the following line to the instance profile (or default profile) "service/protectedwebmethods = SDEFAULT -J2EEGetProcessList -ReadLogFile -ABAPReadSyslog -ListLogFiles" This allows to access the functions J2EEGetProcessList, ReadLogFile, ABAPReadSyslog and ListLogFiles to be used without authentication." These web services are exposed via soap in SICF, the agent contacts them to get the info & the agent doesn't have permission but changing the parameter is a workaround and lets the agent get to the processes in the list....service/protectedwebmethods = SDEFAULT -J2EEGetProcessList -ReadLogFile -ABAPReadSyslog -ListLogFiles" Further Information ~ The parameter service/protectedwebmethods should be changed in the managed system profile (DEFAULT.PFL), which is located under "/usr/sap//SYS/profile". The "host_profile" is related to the SAP Host Agent, this is where you should set the parameter "service/admin_users". Afterwards, please reconfigure the monitoring for the affected system in Step 6 of Tech Mon

Regards, Michael

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am configuring web-dispatcher so no default profile file but  there is "sapwebdisp.pfl" file.

so can I add these lines into this ?

Regrads,

Mohinder