Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero-Day exploit at Java lib Common Collections

nthsol
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I found the a post stating there is a Zero-Day exploit in the common collections function InvokerTransformer. Found by Gabriel Lawrence and Chris Frohoff shown in their presentation.
http://de.slideshare.net/frohoff1/appseccali-2015-marshalling-pickles

Until now I have found no SAP Security Notes relating to this and stating a possible solution or how if there are any tools affected.

Did anyone find any document related to this?

Edit: There was already an other post to this topic ->

Kind regards,

Niklas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nthsol
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey everybody,

I wanted to give you an update on this.

After contacting SAP I go the answer that both SAP ABAP and SAP JAVA do not use this library.

I could confirm this after I have done the search for the vulnerable library.

Please remember that this is not a official statement, that you may not be affected. This is just a hint that we seem to be quite safe using SAP.

In case  you want to know if you are affected please open an OSS message at SAP.

Regards,

Niklas

1 REPLY 1

nthsol
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey everybody,

I wanted to give you an update on this.

After contacting SAP I go the answer that both SAP ABAP and SAP JAVA do not use this library.

I could confirm this after I have done the search for the vulnerable library.

Please remember that this is not a official statement, that you may not be affected. This is just a hint that we seem to be quite safe using SAP.

In case  you want to know if you are affected please open an OSS message at SAP.

Regards,

Niklas