cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact or Risk involved in Changing of default Oracle Database Listener Port No.

rey_miranda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, guys.

I's like to ask the experts out there the ff:

1. What is the impact on SAP in terms of Application, Performance and Disk Space if we turn ON Table logging (rec/client) parameter which is used to record all changes made to the SAP tables
  2. Impact or Risk involved in Changing of default Oracle Database Listener Port No. (this one's too technical for myunderstanding )

Thank you for your time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rey,

1. From my experience, impact on performance is very small and impact on disk space depends on applications you are using. In one of my ERP systems, logging table grows few Gb per year.

2. There is no risk, just improved security not to use standard ports for listener. Don't forget to change tnsnames.ora file which is used for R/3 to connect to DB.

Br

Tomislav

rey_miranda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you, Tomislav.

Does the system that you worked on allowed table logging for all tables or select few only? Coz I think we're planning to log for all tables.

And when you mentioned "depending on the system", does it mean ECC 6.0 have a better handling of this function?

Thank you again for the reply.

0 Kudos

Hi Rey,

table logging is develop for customizing tables only. You can include any table you wish, but I don't see any reason why to log application data tables, becaus there is other mechanisms whic log changes of data (application log, audit log,...).

I mentioned "depending on the application" which means, if you are using only FI module on ERP, log tables will be smaller than in the case that you are using also MM, CO,....

Br

Tomislav

Answers (0)