cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when to use IBP and BPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus:

I ve been reading some articles about IBP and i d like to confirm with you that BPC (business rules, script logics, bpfs,models) is gonna be used just to implement legal consolidation projects and financial planning projects will be implemented using IBP.

regards

mah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mah,

You can still use BPC for planning and consolidation. What SAP is trying to do is, to bring the operational reporting and planning in S/4 via embedded BI and IBP and consolidation can be done in BPC.

Regards,

Vikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikash:

So what s the product if my client needs to automate the financial planning process to have these financial statements: profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow, and also run Forecast simulations, what-if analysis, Rolling forecasts, etc ??

IBP does not compete with Hyperion, am I right?

regards

mah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mah,

S/4 allows you do the planning part with embedded IBP and Analysis office and you can do planning and forecasting based on that.

IBP does not compete with Hyperion.,.2 separate product except SAP has brought planning in S/4.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mah,

About your question and initial question:-

second question:-

: profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow,-- For P&L and Balance sheet can be done in IBP

For cash flow planning- You have to use Liquidity planning tool. This will also need SAP Smart cash management solution of S/4 Finance

and also run Forecast simulations, what-if analysis, Rolling forecasts, etc ??

-- This is not available in IBP

You can do this in BPC though.

The next version of IBP should have these features too

IBP does not compete with Hyperion, am I right?

This is not the case. Hyperion is a plannning tool just like BPC.

On IBP vs BPC- If you have SAP mainly in your landscape and have S/4 HANA as core system, and don't need consolation yet , then IBP is solution for you.

If any of above point is no, you can go for BPC.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Rishab