cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Portal user trace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having issues with one of our portal user. UserID is getting locked with the failed logon attempts(can see from 'account info' under user admin) and this is happening every one hour.

Looked at the default trace logs but nothing is captured. Is there anyway that we can perform a trace for the specific user and see from where it is attempting to perform logon?

I used Diagtool in the past but this is happening in the prod system dont think that will be an option as i have to deploy the sca package.

We are on NW 7.31 version.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SS & Anita.

I activated the trace as mentioned inthe note but its not capturing the logs for failure login attempts for my ID.

I also did deletion of passwords in the browser,still no luck. Never seen this type of issue.

I copied my access and created a new userID, after few hours it also got locked. Not sure how the browser is trying to connect with incorrect password.

Any suggestion would really help.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

Please check security logs @ /usr/sap/SID/instance/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/system

Check the logs present @ /usr/sap/SID/instance/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/system//httpaccess

You can also try to perform UME cache refresh for the affected user...

Refreshing the User Caches of the AS Java - Identity Management - SAP Library

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bobby,

Please see if following steps in below Note can help identify the cause:

1493272 - A user gets locked automatically

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Team

I think user id and password saved in the browser setting? clear the password history

Regards

SS