cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF check rule for entity type 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any one confirms me that BRF simple check rule is allowed for entity type 3 (WERKS in Data model MM)?

I followed document How to Check or Derive an Attribute Value in MDG using

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

You can't do this through BRF+. Since plant is already qualifying to entity MARCBASIC, it is a mandatory field already but it does not get trigger until and unless you have record in entity MARCBASIC. When you add new entry in plan list, you have to select the plant so you can't see mandatory error. Anyway if you want to make plant mandatory, you can do it by using BADI 'USMD_RULE_SERVICE'. Use method CHECK_ENTITY.

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't check entity type 3 in BRF+. BRF+ is intended for entities that store master data not check tables (type 2 and 3).    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Thanks for reply. For WERKS with check table T001W I want to make it mandetory in MDG UI.

Can you suggest me the way to achive this? Can I use any user exit and use it in Material API?

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

To make Plant mandatory , just give a try by using this Implementation USMD_ACC_FLD_PROP_CUST_DEP_SET to make the field as Mandatory.

I doubt that it will work being a field in the LIST UIBB.

Not sure for List UIBB's.

Other workaround,

If this won't work , rename the column Plant in list and add * at the end of Plant. Handle the error for the same from USMD_RULE_CHECK BADI if Plant is initial.

-Kaustubh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to make the field mandatory on the corresponding type 1 or type 4 entity; not on the type 3 or type 4 entity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But there is no WERKS field in type 1 or 4 as attribute, Should do we need to add it as custome field first? (May be in entity type MATERIAL)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it is a relationship. Display the data model in program USMD_DISPLAY_DATA_MODEL. You will find the field there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is leading entity with MATERIAL and to MARCBASIC as per above. So I already mainted cardinaity as 1:1 but my bad... same issue