cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock transfer requisitions to consider future supply

0 Kudos

Hi All

We have a business scenario where we need to run BOP for Sales order and DEP:ConRl (Deployment STR;s) / PReqRel (STR's).

Problem is that, the STR's cannot consider future supply. For eg: If my Dep ConRl date (start date of the STR) is on 11/20/2015 and my supply is on 11/21/2015, system doesnt recognize that and hence there is no confirmation for the STR. Even If I do it manually in ECC, its the same result.

Problem: A new sales order can come and confirm against the supply leading to overcommit scenario.

Does anyone know of a workaround / fix or is it available in any future releases?

We are currently on 

ECC 6.0, :SAP_APPL / 600 / 0019,

APO: SCM /701/005

Thanks

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

Overall, it is dangerous to allow confirmations against unconfirmed purchase reqs in the destination plant.  If you don't allow these, you will not get overcommits.

To get the purchase req requirements 'lined up' with the supply elements, try running bottom-up rescheduling first at the supplying locations before running BOP.  Heuristic SAP_PP_009. 

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Hi DB

Thanks for the info. I can use this option, but I put a very simple scenario.

To explain business scenario, same supply is used by Sales orders and Hubs.

For Hubs, we create Deployment STR's which is constrained based on supply.

A sales order say in Week 4 can confirm against supply in Week 1.

When we run deployment, we dont consider all these sales orders confirmed qty.

In week 1, based on supply system will create a deployment order.

There is additional supply on Week 5.

So the requirement is if I run BOP for Sales order and Deployment STR's (EG) together, and give priority to Sales order, can the current week STR confirm against W5 supply as W4 Sales order is confirmed against W1 supply.

We can write programs to do workaround, wanted to see if there is a standard way someone knows about.

Thanks

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

?????  Are you saying you are not considering Sales demand in the source location when running deployment?   Even though you feel you are obligated to meet the confirmation dates of the sales docs in the source?

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

We do, its just week by week and not for all sales order in the horizon. Thats the normal way to run Deployment.

Answers (0)