cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI - multiple orders come in for a single PO how do I send 1 consolidated 855 back

kishu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a requirement for the cross dock process there is 1 PO sent to the translator system and the translator system sends multiple IDoc's to SAP, that turn into multiple sale orders with the same PO number in SAP. The customer wants a single 855 order acknowledgement returned with all of the item details showing the if the item is accepted, rejected, back ordered...(BA00)...etc.

Is there a standard way in SAP to consolidate multiple sale orders with the same PO Number and return the order acknowledgement for the entire PO?

Would this be a custom requirement?

If so could you please let me know what would be involved to carry this out?

How complex would this logic be?

Also I am aware for the for Cross-Dock orders 856 (ASN) & 810 (Invoice) are required return documents but is the 855 usually a required returned document in this process?

Thanks

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've never heard about "Cross-Dock" process, but in general order acknowledgement is generated by the sales order output. Naturally, if you have multiple orders then you'll also have multiple outputs. So either you need to somehow combine all the orders into one or combine all their outputs into one 855 IDoc. Neither of this is offered by standard AFAIK.

Considering that same PO gets sent multiple times (why?) it doesn't actually seem reasonable to require a single confirmation back. But where I work if a customer wants a single confirmation on strawberry-scented paper then it's what they will get...

kishu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thanks, Cross-Dock concept is having one big PO sent with all of your individual store orders through EDI. We have a 3rd Party translations system that receives the PO and splits the large PO into smaller store orders and sends us the individual orders. The problem we are having is sending back one ordrsp (855) since we do not have the whole PO in our system. So that is when I reached out to this channel to find out if anyone has dealt with this issue in the past or if they can guide me on how to set this up.

If any other information is necessary please let me know but I really need help on this so any idea will really be helpful.

Thanks

Varun

Answers (0)