cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Document Migration to leave out a ledger?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to leave out a NewGL ledger with the Document Migration to SFIN (S/4HANA Finance)?

We currently have several active NewGL ledgers. Now we are considering to abandon one of the non-leading-ledgers as it was never used and probably never will be. As we are also talking about S/4HANA the idea of using the document migration to delete this ledger came up.

The migration documentation from help.sap.com does not give any information regarding this. As we currently do not have a S/4HANA Finance test system I cannot try it on my own. Given my experience with SAP I would say it is not possible. Any hints about this?

Best Regards,

Steffen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

I believe you are going to use migration approach and not Greenfield and if that is the case then, SAP has added a new functionality to mark company code as template which are not in use and for ledger a new functionality has been added where we can limit the time for which the ledger will be used.

So your concern can be addressed post migration.

But if you are doing Greenfield implementation then for sure you can deactivate the ledger as part of your functionality and then do the data migration.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikash

Answers (0)