cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Barcode scanner on app FIORI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want customize fiori app by search with barcode scanner when user use on mobile device.

After i searched, I have to do follow list:

1. Install Cordova
  2. Create project sapUI5 by Cordova
  3. Add plug in barcode scanner
  4. Add platforms
  5. Compile by cordova
  6. Open Eclipse and add link project SAPUI5
  7. Customize some page
  8. Compile again
  9. Upload file to Server by SE38 ??
  10. ??

I don't know this is the right way for customize barcode scanner.

Does it have another way easier than?

Because when I compile, I have to add many platform example IOS and Android.

Thank you very much,

Wongsapat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wongsapat,

You have two options.

• Create a cordova based hybrid app, then add open source barcode scanner plugin. In this case you will have two versions of app 1. web app to run from browsers 2. hybrid app to run in mobile. You could more details in the web itself since Cordova is open source.
  • Make changes to existing web app (Fiori) to call the barcode scanner plugin provided in Kapsel SDK, then run this web app inside the Fiori client. The Fiori client is inbuilt with all kapsel plugins, hence you could use barcode scanner. Ex.

If you have plans to add more plugins to the app it is better to go with first approach.

Regards, Midhun

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhum,

I have some questions for

Option 1 : How does I deploy to server? Or if I can install by use native app on IOS and Android, Can I use app through SAP FIORI because I want to authentication system in my app?

Option 2 : Does I have to install some program to SAP server? or Can I deploy to BSP application at ABAP repository?

Thank you very much,

Wongsapat

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wongsapat

Option 1 : How does I deploy to server? Or if I can install by use native app on IOS and Android, Can I use app through SAP FIORI because I want to authentication system in my app?

You should find the difference between hybrid and web apps. Only the web apps could be deployed to the server. Hybrid apps will be in the form of executable files. ex. apk. You need to distribute this file to the end users via mail or MDM solutions. You should be able to use it with SAP Fiori.

Option 2 : Does I have to install some program to SAP server? or Can I deploy to BSP application at ABAP repository?

Yes, you have to follow the same steps you do for the Fiori apps. You will be making code changes in the source code of the Fiori app that has to be deployed to SAP abap repository.

Regards, Midhun

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

I am completely agree with you about understanding of Web app and Hybrid application, still i want to ask one more question, Is it possible to run UI5 application having capability of scanning bar-code, through standard fiori client.

My requirement is :

1. I do not want to do any changes in Fiori client,

2 want to develop UI5 application with capability of bar-code scan,

3. UI5 application should be accessible through Fiori client.

Regards,

Rajendra Sharma