cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-M Default in UI Entity Doesn't Exist Yet

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have the two notes implemented from the documentation to do this (Notes 1879515 and 1876796, http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90243ca8-92af-2e10-b895-92533b2de...

)

However the documentation doesn't actually explain how to do this!?

I'm trying to default Units of measure in BADI USMD_RULE_SERVICE

The trouble is the entity doesn't exist yet...until the user enters something in the UI. How do I default entries for an entity that does not exist yet?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, if you want to create new entities (e.g. UNITOFMSR in data model MM), use BAdI USMD_RULE_SERVICE_CROSS_ET.

Regards, Ingo Bruß

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo,

It's frustrating that the document highlights the cross entity derivation as the only entity to not be able to do this when in fact it's the only one that can

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, I think 6.1.3. "Defaulting in UI (entity doesn't exit yet)" means that the whole material doesn't yet exist (you just pressed the "create" button in the UI).

Then, you can't use this BAdI, as the BAdI only gets called whenever an entity was created/updated (e.g. the entity MATERIAL). Which will only happen on the first roundtrip in the UI.

It is good if you just created/changed any entity and then want to create/update any other entity.

I'll try to ping the owner of the guide to confirm on this.

Regards, Ingo Bruß

Answers (0)