cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of Legal Regulations - Domestic Licenses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am testing legal control, export license scenarios.  Several products require domestic licenses in our business.  Each license requirement is created as an individual legal regulation.  We ship to Puerto Rico and other islands.   These are configured as regions of USA in the system and require domestic licenses.

The legal regulations are activated in General settings :  for County /County  (US - US)

In compliance management - Legal control - Legal regulations are activated with option:  4 Check: Dispatch/Export (Including Domestic) at both county / country level.   'US' is exporting country and 'US' is partner country as well to limit the licenses to US (domestic scenario).

While testing I see domestic legal regulations blocking international orders.  Our team believes that the configuration is correct and it may need some SAP notes to fix the situation. 

In the configuration, there are 5 options available to activate legal regulations as follows: 

Check: Not Activated

1 Check : Dispatch (Exclusively)

2 Check: Export (Exclusively)

3 Check:  Dispatch/Export (Excluding Domestic)

4 Check: Dispatch/Export (Including Domestic)

I figured out that the requirement can be achieved if  the configuration is changed.

I tested changing the configuration of activation at country and partner country both levels to option - 1 Check : Dispatch exclusively.  Domestic legal regulations are not blocking international orders.  In this setting,  if an order is going to France, log says: Country "FR" determined as relevant partner country,  Do not run check for business transaction from US to SG.

or  If I change the configuration to :   Not activate the check at departure country level (US) and only activate at partner country (destination country, US) with option -  4 check: Dispatch/export (including domestic),  domestic legal regulations are not blocking international orders.  But domestic legal regulations disappeared from log itself. 

As discussed, I could see that there are several ways to achieve the goal.  However I am not able to decide if the original configuration is expected to work as required or do we need to change the configuration. 

I request experts to explain these activation scenarios in detail about their differences and best practices. 

Thanks and Regards

Vidya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vidya,

I am facing a similar requirement and I was wondering how are you controlling these regions (or states) in the license?

Chris

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

I think option 1 should check only domestic and if if finds an export country, it should not even be relevant. Are you checking all partners or a partner function? In the one that is blocking, is it possible that a different partner causes the block? Let me know.

Thanks,
Satish