cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM: Create automatically a ticket from a E-Mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we are using ITSM with the SAP Soltuion Manager 7.1 SPS12. Now we have configured the Email Inbound scenario.

We have a new requirement. The Solution Manager should create from an email ticket automatically a ticket. I have searched about this and found no information.

Is this function only possible with IC Webclient or is there an chance to implement this on our SolMan?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Roman Koch

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member768454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello to all ,

we need to put this information on ITSM SOLMAN 7.2, someone can help me.

A field (or criterion) that highlights the reminder made and therefore provides the ticket manager (typically the SPOC) with the possibility of "stamping" a check before entering the note of the reminder made to the competent Team.

• A field that highlights the membership of the requesting user (alert author) in the VIP group

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The standard configuration offered in the guides and in the default customizing for ERMS in Solution Manager does not support the automatic creation of incidents.

It's a bit hit and miss with the automatic creation of incidents in the Solution Manager, not like the 'pure' ERMS from CRM.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,Christoph,

I created rule policy to create an incident via email as per the blog, but in the reply i am getting the incident number and also when i reply to the incident email, a new ticket is getting created instead of updating the information in the original ticket. Any help on troubleshooting the issue ??

thanks & regards,

Vijay

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just want to add some new info: in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 automatic creation of Incidents/Service Requests will be possible (as described in SAP SM 7.2 RKT presentation).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.

I have checked the guide but it won't solve the issue and the notes are helpful but there are not the information which I need.

I have now found a solution to create automatically a ticket from an email. I have customized the rule policy and in the TC: SPRO the Email Inbound Scenario.

Emails will be now created automatically but without informations. Only the sold-to-party is filled with my BP and the text area is filled. How can I customize that the information is transmitted from the email to the ticket?

Like E-mail sender is reporter and subject is the description.

Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

as Miguel Ariño said, the mail in functionality the standard offers is not what one would expect.

If you are interessted in a finished solution you can contact me or check out my profile .

Best Regards,

Christoph

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Roman, Please review the following SAP NOTES: 1937236 - Where to find on-line documentation for Solution Manager's ITSM and ChaRM 2121028 - Collective Information for known issue&bug in IT Service Management 7.10, SP12&SP13 Regards, Ruth

Former Member
0 Kudos