cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different cost getting determined for the same material in Dr and Cr memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have one issue in credit memo and debit memo created in last December. Both the credit and debit memo created on the same day and same time (Difference of few seconds). Also they have same materials with exact quantities. Credit memo has higher net value than debit memo which is determined through automatic pricing condition and one manual condition. Same pricing procedure is used in both the documents. VPRS condition is statistical and not visible in pricing screen but item wise cost can be seen in 'Invoice overview screen'. In material master, price control indicator is "S". The issue is surprisingly both the credit and debit memo have different cost price determined for the line item materials. Pls help me to understand how its happening as the same cost is expected in both the documents for the same material.

Recently we faced this issue again in 2 sets of documents (Credit and debit memo).

Note-This scenario is not related to return process and no material document is being created here.

Thanks

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition-Do you find any changes in condition controls for VPRS in V/06 settings--like condition category from G to either S or T?

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See note 1365939.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

I have checked this note before also but still could not understand the reason why different cost got determined for the same material with price control-S (Standard price)

Thanks

Sandeep

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at note 372772

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

In our scenario, I am sure that the cost in the cr/dr memos is getting determined from the material master only. But for some specific 2-3 Cr/Dr memos, different cost is getting determined as that of material master. Not sure why this is happening.

Thanks

Sandeep

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check table MBEWH (it's for months), maybe someone run product costinMg (CK40N). Check also in MM03 and check if there is new product costing.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Today we could find that after every change in the cost, system refreshes the cost price in credit memo while in debit memo, it remains the same. we are using the same pricing procedure for both credit and debit memo. Why system is behaving differently for credit and debit memo when they have same pricing procedure, same pricing date, same material, same customer.

Regards,

Sandeep

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Maybe I forgot to mention note 24832, see the example 3. Check also subroutines and userexit mentioned.

Regards

Eduardo

PD: see also example 6 and redetermination.