Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping problem

AlexanderApel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Gurus,

i have the following problem, in my case i have the orders.orders05 idoc.

When the field PARVW and Name1 filled with WE and 9005015100302 i have to fill the Name1 in Segment VL with another number

here an example what i need:

but when PARVW and NAME1 is not WE / 9005015100302 then the mapping has to do nothing like this

can someone help me?

greetings,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AlexanderApel
Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah i got it 🙂

Thank to Ryan - it was the the crucial clue

Final Mapping:

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexnader,

Do you have only two segments in idoc? If you have multiple segments please explain how you intend to populate the target?

Regards

Anupam

AlexanderApel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

no i have more than two segments, i use the standard orders.orders05 idoc with many segemnts.

My problem is the context change in this mapping, the segement E1EDKA1 comes 3 times - once wtih PARVW AG, WE & VL but only when PARVW is WE and NAME1 is 9005015100302 then i have to mapp a differnt number in NAME1 of Segment VL.

here what i have at the moment

with the correct result

But if that does not comply with the condition, then the last segment is missing

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

If you don't want to restrict the value when that condition is not met then you have to switch your ifWithoutElse to a normal if.  Setup your else condition to pass whatever value you expect when the condition is not met.  Btw, if you're IDoc ever came without the 'WE' partner first your mapping would likely fail on the WE/Partner number check.  Since WE happens to be the last in regards to alphabet sorting you might consider a descending sort of both PARVW & NAME1 for that piece to ensure you are always looking at the 'WE' segment.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Have you tried with the function if-then to change the name according your requisite. You only need to construct the condition with the two characteristics that you have, check this example http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60a68214-fd83-2c10-b8af-c78c37057...

Regards.