cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points awarding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Iam new to SAP Community, and bit confused reg: Points awarding. I am trying to answer some of questions but my points is not increasing, the point here is if points increases there will be some motivation . Please let me know if we answer some question, how the points will get allocated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

Points will be assigned to you based on the individuals who raise the question. I have seen all the threads which you have participated and none of them are closed. Even in the two threads which got closed, the person who raised it didn't mark your (not any one's actually) answer as helpful or corect.

When someone asks a question and if your reply was helpful to them, they should mark your reply as helpful answer with which you will get 5 points, but it depends on the person and the answer.

All the discussions that you have participated are very recent ones. So wait for sometime. May be the one who created the thread haven't seen your reply yet

Last but not least, participate in many threads and don't think about points. Think what you learnt newly and how many people you helped.

Other than answering questions, you could also create some useful documents, blogs, WIKI pages and so on.

Read the below document, you will understand better.

All the best

Regards

Karthik

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys

Thanks a lot for your comments

Yes Knowledge & the experience that we get from the questions which is been asked is very important than points, but you feel bit happier when someone gives some gratitude for your effort.. and it definitely pushes forward... but anyways for me also knowledge is first priority than anything .

Thanks a lot again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Knowledge matters point doesn’t.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From my experience, the SCN members motivated solely by the points usually just end up being frustrated.

Although, quite sadly, lack of any gratitude is not unusual these days on SCN. Instead we get this.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

If any original poster(who raised issue) marked your reply as helpful or correct answer then only points will be awarded to you.

I seen all 5 discussions which you participated, no one marked your replies as helpful or correct answer. So thats why you didn't get any points as of now.

You can go to your profile, Activity-->here you can see all discussions which you participated and raised.

Go Your profile-->Reputation - it will shows all threads where you got/lost points.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you should try to answer new questions instead of questions from 2008 ()

Rewards are given if the author of the question is comfortable with the answer and marks it as helpful or correct.

To do this  the author has to read your answer and need to test your answer and need to know about how to do mark an answer as helpful or correct technically and has to have a good education from his parents to be thankful if he gets help.

Just looking at the last 4 questions where you participated, in 3 cases the author had not yet logged in again.