Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE in 7.4 single stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well.

we have imported idoc from ECC to PI and configured required configuration in 7.4.

we are getting below error while we are trying to post and IDOC from PI to ECC.

can you please guide us to resove this issue.

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: Error before sending due to idoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: Illegal value "Constant" for attribute BEGIN in <IDOC BEGIN="1"> tag within IDoc-XML for type <ORDERS05>:

state=READING_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE, charPosition=85, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=8

Thanks

Madhu T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Check your message mapping for this scenario: for target IDoc message structure, attribute BEGIN (an attribute of an element IDOC) should have been assigned a constant value 1, not Constant. I assume the one who was configuring a message mapping, simply forgot to change a default value - since by default, when a standard mapping function Constant is added, it is added to the editor with the default value Constant, which should be changed to a required value when developing a mapping.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your reply i had changed from constant to 1 , still i am facing the same issue.

can you please suggest here.

Thanks

Madhu T

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhu, can you ensure a new mapping is used? Can you check content of an IDoc that is produced after mapping at runtime?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

yes, i have checked that content was produced after the mapping runtime.

we are getting same issue .

unable to solve this.

can you please suggest here.

Thanks

Madhu T

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhu, does your mapping for the IDoc's attribute BEGIN looks like this?

Can you post details about your mapping here?

Please also collect a mapping trace and IDoc receiver communication channel trace (for example, using XPI Inspector) and check how IDoc structure is populated at runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vadim,

i am attaching the mapping screen shot and i don't have access for the xpi inspector. and idoc channel is working fine that SAP provided mappings are working .

we have issue for only our migrated mappings ,

we are doing migration from 7.11 to SAP 7.4 after wards this issue happened.

can you please guide me for the correct solution.

Thanks

Madhu T

ravicarpenter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please try out a couple of things as below:

1. Copy the source message xml and running it in the ESR Mapping test tool

2. With the same xml source message, try disabling the begin attribute in the mapping test tool to check whether the error is actually pointing to the begin node and note any other node