cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client specific roles in Business role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

How can we add client specific roles to a business role in BRM? In other words for example, single role from dev CRM system, composite role from Q SRM system and a derived role from Prod ECC system?

As of my knowledge when a business role is created and a role is added to it, dev, q and prod roles from ECC or CRM or SRM are automatically added, only landscape tab is available and not client/system when a role is added to a business role in BRM.

Please advise.

Thanks Sri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

that's correct. You can change the provisioning flags in the technical roles so that roles are only provisionable for DEV. This means for the entire role (also when role is requested directly).

Regards,

Alessandro

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Alessandro,

In the same above scenario for D-CRM role(Role A) when i have auto-provisioning ON only for DEV system and OFF for Q and P, then Role A of Q nor P system cannot be automatically assigned to anyone. correct?

I am thinking to go with a Cross System Group as another alternate solution where we can create a technical role which belongs to all D systems in the landscape. So two solution according to the requirement, one is provisioning flag and the other is Cross System Group.

Please advise.

Hi Plaban,

When a technical Role A which belongs to a landscape(d,q,p) is added to a business role it gives access to 3 roles one from each system.

Regards

Sri.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sri,

cross system groups sound nice... BUT... sorry for that don't use single roles existing with the same name and different landscape within a Business role beacuse this will cause inconsistency while fetching the role history for the business role resulting in incorrect provisioning.

This isn't a good solution either.. you have to work with the provisioning flag or find another alternative.

Regards,

Alessandro

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you clarify, when and how roles are automatically added? and do you have all the 3 systems, you have mentioned in 1 common landscape

Regards

Plaban