Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different SP in ESR and ID

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I did a SP upgrade of PO system 7.4 from SP 08 to SP011.

After that when I checked the SP levels , I found this conflict

ESR shows SP 08 and ID shows SP 011. What is the reason for this error? I am on single stack PO

None of the interfaces are working also

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

When upgrading SP, there is a list of prerequisite packages that need to be installed too. Have you installed/upgraded them too?

Regards,

Mark

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

We have around forty interfaces in this. BASIS have uploaded this. I am not sure about that.

I have found many errors.

1) Interfaces are not working

2) When I go to component monitoring, I get the error Application com.sap.xi.itsam.mdt is not started;

3) When I go to java applications in NWA, I see a lot of applications not working

Can you suggest something

Regards

Harish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

What exactly do you mean by "I found this conflict ESR shows SP 08 and ID shows SP 011"? Can you provide screenshots?

After an SP update, the SAP BASIS ESR content needs to be updated to the corresponding SP. This can be done:
a) by using the Configuration Wizard as per note 1444305 Configuration Wizard: PI / ESR Support Package Update

b) by manually importing as per note 1536986 How to import PI Content into the ESR

If you require further assistance, please clarify exactly where you are seeing this SP conflict.

Regards
Mark

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

Please see this screen shot:

I went to Help in ESR and I see the Version of SP as 08

In the ID, the same is SP 011

This is why I said after SP upgrade, the SP is shown as different in ESR and ID. The BASIS is 7.40

The upgrade I did was that to 7.40 SP 011 of single stack

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

As per Mark's reply , have you checked SAP BASIS Softwarecomponent shows which Service pack?

you just right click on SAP BASIS 7.40 and click on version

in case that not shows latest pack which u updated , you just follow the notes which are shared by Mark

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

There is iscrepancy there too.

When I check the SWCV BASIS, details tab I see Available Support package as 05

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, that is older Service pack of your server..

and as per your previous post you are doing this upgrade to get REST adapter, i guess as of now u could not see that REST adapter since SAP BASIS 7.40 component still shows old one.

all you have to do is , just follow the notes shared above by mark(its mandatory)..you can go ahead with either configuration wizard or manual(How to import SAP content into the PI ESR - Process Integration - SCN Wiki)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Check with the basis team whether all the required files and packages are installed in the server for the upgrade.