Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long term Planning Inspection

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

In Inspection Plan we have activated all MICs with long term inspection indicator, then we forcefully completed result recording by selecting forcefull selection button (status to 5)  then we have done UD and now system status change to UD ICCO SPCO STUP and If again need to change the result we need to come to UD change, Edit >Reset > Inspection Completion.

Do we have any other option to record the result without changing UD change status i.e going to Edit>Reset>Inspection Completion.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.. not the way you  are doing it.  Because you are selecting the long-term (LT) characteristics and manually force closing everything, you are basically telling the system that you are done insepction. Hence the ICCO status on the inspection.

If you have LT inspections that you expect to get results on, why are you force closing them?

The whole point of LT MIC's is to allow the UD to be made without completing them.  But the system is still expecting them to be done.  When manually force close them, you are tellign the system to no longer expect results.  That's why you have to go back to reopen them.

Craig

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your valuable in put, I re run my scenario like below

All of my MIC is long term indicator enables and required characteristic and my characteristic value is floating to batch value

in result recording all mic is valuated manually to become status 5(not forcefully) but still status become UD ICCO SPCO STUP after usage decision

to do the result record again we need to reset the UD status

May I need to check any other setting please guide us

Thanks

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

If you make the status 5 (means MIC is closed) and the lots status will become UD ICCO...

Status of lot can only be changed by the system to LTIN if those MICs are not closed (status 2 or 3),

Just manually evaluate the results of those MICs (status 3) and save it don't close it (status 5).

Try it.

Regards

S Ahmed

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. As I told earlier, you got to keep at least one required MIC open (or not valuated) to get the LTIN status.

When you close all the required MIC, no matter if they are LT, system takes it completion of inspection and thus delivers the UD ICCO status.

Whereas, if you keep one required LT MIC open, system will take it as 'Inspection due' and deliver the status with LTIN.

NJ

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm still very confused by your process.

Why are you valuating and closing the LT MICS?  I'm not understanding why you would even do such a thing if you are eventually expecting a result for these.

Can you clarify why you want to set your LT MICS to status 5 when you don't have a result yet??

Craig

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abu, I agree with Craig here! I think his reply is more clear and tells the exact reason behind this. You should not force close the MICs while doing result recording. Instead if you just do the UD without force closing then the status changes to LTIN.

Anand

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not just required characteristic, you got to leave a required MIC open to get the status LTIN.

And, better use a sampling procedure with appropriate valuation mode to avoid the forceful closure of MICs during result recording.

NJ

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

You may try QE51 and I hope it will work also for your scenario. As Mr. Anand told that is really required.

In QE51 Screen put:

• Material, plant and Insp.Type
  • Tick mark " with long-term inspections (at worklist selection area)
  • Execute it/F8

You will see the list of lots, select that lot and double click on Inspection char (Long Term MIC) and put/change the value and save it.

Hope it will help you.

Let me correct myself here.!!!

We can only enter the value in Long term planning Inspection if the lot status is LTIN. Just leave these MIC blank or put initial value and do not close/force close (status 5) while doing RR. Also do not set the indicator of long term Insp. plan MIC indicator "Optional character" otherwise status will change to ICCO after UD.

When the status of lot is LTIN, we can easily enter the results using QE01, QA32 etc.

Regards;

S Ahmed

Message was edited by: Sarfaraz Ahmed

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abu, You can do the result recording without resetting the UD. For that your inspection lot status should contain LTIN. And for this you should have at least 1 MIC marked as required characteristic. Change the control indicator in inspection plan accordingly. It would take effect from the next inspection lot.

Anand