cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launchpad language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my Fiori launchpad when I selected any language other than English everything is not translated in the selected language.

When i selected DE  some catlogs and tiles are still appearing in  English  and in other language selection case all tiles and catlogs are in English only while the application content is maintained in the selected language.

Thanking you in advance.

regards,

Riya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is resolved!!!!!!!

We have raised an OSS message and come to know that :

In transaction SMLT  some OCS imports (language parts of support packages) are not yet done.

Checked in  transaction SMLT, mark node Italian and goto menu Language->Special Actions->Import Support Packages and imported all red marked support packages.

Post installation of above packages ,we are getting translation of standard Tiles and Groups.

Thank you all for their inputs.

Regards,

Riya

xykrbck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,This solution was helpful for me.

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi, has this problem been solved? I´m suffering the same errors related to translations and I´m not able to find a solution to this.

I have described my problem in a different post, with some further analysis on this, but still without luck.

I would really appreciate help on this.

Thanks

Leandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

@ Janos

I have checked the notes

2154643: Not relevant and and 2200279 is already installed .

@ Masa

I have deleted the entries using method DELETE_CONTAINER and invalidate the cache .Still the same problem persist.

I checked there is no entries maintained in tables /UI2/CONTAINER and /UI2/ITEM .

Please help me to find out the solution.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Riya,

Please upload screenshots in below test case.

1. Assign a standard group delivered by SAP.

2. Logon launchpad in EN. Reset the group. Take a screenshot.

3. Logon launchpad in DE. Take a screenshot.

4. Reset the group. Take a screenshot.

4. Delete browser cache. Logon launchpad in DE. Take a screenshot.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to solve the issue as I have deleted the tiles and again add it from Group panel -> "Tiles Catalogs".

For Custom tiles I have made entry in SE63 -> TABL -> WDY_CONF_USERT2 but there are 2 entries for each tiles and catalogs, and earlier I was maintaining only for 1 entries that the reason it was not reflecting .

(Also want to know the reasons for 2 entries for each tiles).

But still I am facing issue for language other than EN and DE,tiles and catalogs are not coming in selected language but the application content is maintained in selected language.

I have also checked the notes 1890575 and 1882832 but both cannot be implemented in my system.

Regards,

Riya

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Riya;

It may not be working for other languages (except english and german) because for those languages packages may be absent in the system.

please check in the TCode SMLT and see whether the required language is installed.

If it is not present there, it will login and fetch the details in the default language which I guess is english in your case.

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet,

In SMLT basis team installed packaged for all required language .

Please find the screen shot.

When I tried to login from language other than English or German,all things except tiles and catalog get converted.(Only "MY Home" group name is translated in the selected language).

Regards,

Riya

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Riya,

I think those came from your personalization setting when you changed something in EN language.

If you are talking about SAP standard tiles, you do not need to translate.

If you are talking about custom tiles, you need to translate.

Do you want to delete your personalizing setting?

Please also check your SAPUI5 library version.

SAP Fiori - UI Add-on SP14 notes list, SAPUI5 library 1.28.18

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Yes I personalized some tiles ,please let me know how I can delete personalizing settings.

I also checked the notes  for SAP UI5 library version is 1.28.17,all the required notes  are already implemented .

Regards,

Riya

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Riya,

I have not tested but there are some methods in the class /UI2/CL_PERS_CONTAINER_ACCESS.

Regards,

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Riya,

Translating Custom Tiles, Catalogs, and Groups http://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/4c/9eb085d3884bdca468d7ec284be2e2/content.htm

If you need information about transaction SE63 please refer to the following article:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/46/e52cb0bf0e30c1e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Best regards,

Janos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janos,

Thank you for quick response.

I logged in to se63 and changed source and target language ( Source lang enUS and target lang deDE)

and maintained name of application in target language .Also i changed the status to "target text : system/Quality status : S" and saved the entries.

I also cleared cache but still facing the same problem.

Also my doubt is do I need to maintain text in all required language manually for all application?

Regards,

Riya

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Riya;

Double check whether /UI2/INVALIDATE_GLOBAL_CACHES report is run.

Also look at all the texts for

SE63 -> TABL -> WDY_CONF_USERT2 with scope "A"

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet,

I have execute the report in front end server .(I don't have authorization in back end).

Also for texts SE63 -> TABL -> WDY_CONF_USERT2 with scope "A",there are 101 items present .So should I need to maintain text for all items?

Request you to please explain statement 

"Also look at all the texts for

SE63 -> TABL -> WDY_CONF_USERT2 with scope "A" "

in detail.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Riya;

Take one text at first like some group name or tile name. Maintain all the entries for this text in

SE63 -> TABL -> WDY_CONF_USERT2.

Then run the invalidate report and try again.

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Could you please make sure that notes 2154643 and 2200279 are applied in the system and then please recreate the page cache with reports /UI2/PAGE_CACHE_RESET and /UI2/PAGE_CACHE_CREATE. After this check if translation is working.

BR,Janos