cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to release the import queue after components installed with older version of R3Trans

former_member190939
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I was trying to install certain components, say IW_GIL.

*     During the installation, it was throwing error "R3TR DTEL /IWCNT/ACTIVE_FLAG: Object information could not be imported" in the DDIC_ACTIVATION phase.

*     So in the event, according to the note 1417505 https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465... that says "The R3trans used during the import has a release date between October 23, 2009 and November 03, 2009.", I have updated the TP and R3TRANS to the latest one.

*     But, I cannot proceed with the installation as the Queue is struck in the DDIC_ACTIVATION phase.

*     I raised an OSS message to SAP stating this issue and asking them to reset the import queue. But they came back with the below reply.

The issue now occurred in DDIC_ACTIVATION phase. This is because the

DDIC objects are imported by the old R3trans process in DDIC IMPORT

phase. In this phase, even if you changed the R3trans to the latest

version, the issue cannot be resolved, because the DDIC objects has

already been imported (with the old R3trans).

To resolve this issue, you need to re-import the DDIC objects with the

latest version of R3trans. However, as you have already reached

DDIC_ACTIVATION phase, it is impossible to revert to the previous

phase and perform again.

So you need to restore your system to the status before importing the

packages with an available backup. Then change the R3trans to the

latest version and start SAINT again.

However, I did not take any backup(I am not a full time basis consultant ) assuming that R3Trans I had was the updated one. Can anyone please suggest me how can I resolve this issue? Otherwise, I will not be able to do any further components installation.

Thanks for helping in advance.

Best Regards

Seyed Ismail.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seyed,

During the installation, it was throwing error "R3TR DTEL /IWCNT/ACTIVE_FLAG: Object information could not be imported" in the DDIC_ACTIVATION phase.

For the issue only resolution is to use latest tools ( R3trans, tp ) or by using patched kernel according to your release (Already mentioned & followed SAP Note 1417505 - Incomplete import of (ABAP Dictionary) objects

To avoid this issue only restore of DB is the last option for you,unfortunately which is not available with you.If it's a test system then you can perform system copy to build the system again & perform the procedure once again.

Regards,

former_member190939
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you first of all. But can't SAP just reset the import queue, as mentioned in

Resetting the queue will resolve the issue rather than I do a system copy which is a complicated and risky process in terms of data.

Am I right?

Thank you.

Seyed Ismail.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could try by requesting SAP support to reset the queue for your system,as you're not with backup.

Regards,