Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing IDOC in folder.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my project we have a issue that we need to place IDOC(file format) in ECC location instead of posting it.

I wonder from there how ECC people will take care of the IDOC, posting it into database.Any idea?

They may do using custom program but is monitoring of IDOC will be possible or getting status from ECC to PI?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

I am not sure why your project has such a strange requirement.

No doubt, you can place the XML file of IDoc by using a File receiver channel instead of IDoc receiver channel and the file will get stored in AL11 folder of ECC system.

From here, ABAPers will write a code to pick up the file and process it to update some database tables which in turn updates something like orders, deliveries etc.

If they want to use the data and you want to utilize the capability of monitoring then request you to use proxy, where your ABAPers can easily write the code to pick up the data and also you can monitor in Moni of ECC system.

Please let me know if you need to know anything more about this.

Regards,

Nitin

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thank you for the reply.

Here in my project we are dealing with multiple countries at a time.

For inbound scenarios(EDI - IDOC), in map we are hardcoding specific country name in Idoc field and placing it in corresponding folder created for that country in AL11.From there as you said,abapers writing a batch program to pick up the file and loading it into database. Now, here i want to know, 1.how can we do the monitoring of Idoc in ecc as we are not posting.

2.For outbound scenarios(IDOC-EDI), how to differentiate the Idoc from which country it is coming, as in SAP PI when we create Business system we specify the ECC details, which will be same for all the countries(as only ECC servers for all the countries), so here how to differentiate IDOC.Any suggestions?

Thank you.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

For the Inbound scenario EDI to IDoc what are the Idocs involved? Sales Orders (ORDERS.ORDERS05)?

There will be so many unused fields in this IDoc, which you can use to map the country specific data.

And the same can be used by your ABAPers to update the database. This is the most suggested solution.

Another solution would be to use proxies instead of files, using which the IDoc can be monitored in SXMB_MONI of ECC system.

For the Outbound scenario, i guess the IDocs are Shipments, Deliveries and Invoice. These IDocs already have a field called Sales Organization (VKORG) which will consist of the details about Country.

Please let me know if you need more information on this.

Regards,

Nitin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Can you ask the Functional team why IDOC should be placed as file instead of posting?

You can place the IDOC as file in AL11 directory of SAP ECC. They need to pick it from there and process it.