cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOTMMS service not starting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am following SAP HANA Academy video series on IOT services - getting started. Step for activating OTMMS service is not working. Status shows as yellow for quite sometime. Is there any pre-req in terms of java version that I am missing? When I try to click on url for MMS service - get the error "Service Unavailable" which is expected because service is not yet started. Unfortunately I couldn't find much documentation regarding it. Has anyone experienced similar problem?

Below is from the error log file:

2015 11 16 01:14:34#+00#ERROR#org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/com.sap.iotservices.mms]##anonymous#localhost-startStop-1#na#s0013735965trial#iotmms#web##Exception sending context destroyed event to listener instance of class com.sap.iotservices.mms.AppContextListenerjava.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/iotservices/mms/util/Configuration$ConfigurationHolder : cannot initialize class because prior initialization attempt failed

at com.sap.iotservices.mms.util.Configuration.getInstance(Configuration.java:142)

at com.sap.iotservices.mms.MessageStore.<init>(MessageStore.java:66)

at com.sap.iotservices.mms.MessageStore.<clinit>(MessageStore.java:62)

at com.sap.iotservices.mms.AppContextListener.contextDestroyed(AppContextListener.java:149)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStop(StandardContext.java:5050)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stopInternal(StandardContext.java:5712)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.stop(LifecycleBase.java:232)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:160)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:652)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1095)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1930)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:812)

Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null

at com.sap.iotservices.mms.processing.sql.SqlPersistenceService.initSqlProvider(SqlPersistenceService.java:55)

at com.sap.iotservices.mms.processing.sql.SqlPersistenceService.<clinit>(SqlPersistenceService.java:16)

at com.sap.iotservices.mms.util.Configuration.init(Configuration.java:636)

at com.sap.iotservices.mms.util.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:114)

at com.sap.iotservices.mms.util.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:50)

at com.sap.iotservices.mms.util.Configuration$ConfigurationHolder.<clinit>(Configuration.java:138)

at com.sap.iotservices.mms.util.Configuration.getInstance(Configuration.java:142)

at com.sap.iotservices.mms.AppContextListener.cleanUpDB(AppContextListener.java:210)

at com.sap.iotservices.mms.AppContextListener.contextInitialized(AppContextListener.java:51)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:5003)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5517)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)

... 10 common frames omitted

Caused by: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory ([10]: authentication failed)

at com.sap.cloud.runtime.kotyo.persistence.client.PersistenceDataSourceFactory$1.createPoolableConnectionFactory(PersistenceDataSourceFactory.java:223)

at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1388)

at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:1044)

at com.sap.iotservices.mms.processing.sql.SqlPersistenceService.initSqlProvider(SqlPersistenceService.java:49)

... 21 common frames omitted

Caused by: com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc40.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [10]: authentication failed

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc40.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException.createException(SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException.java:40)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:301)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.generateDatabaseException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:185)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.packet.ReplyPacket.buildExceptionChain(ReplyPacket.java:102)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:1033)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:823)

at com.sap.db.util.security.AbstractAuthenticationManager.connect(AbstractAuthenticationManager.java:43)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.openSession(ConnectionSapDB.java:572)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.doConnect(ConnectionSapDB.java:421)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.<init>(ConnectionSapDB.java:174)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDBFinalize.<init>(ConnectionSapDBFinalize.java:13)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:235)

at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:38)

at com.sap.cloud.runtime.kotyo.persistence.client.ConnectionFactoryWrapper.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryWrapper.java:24)

at com.sap.cloud.runtime.kotyo.persistence.client.PersistenceDataSourceFactory$1$1.makeObject(PersistenceDataSourceFactory.java:187)

at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1556)

at com.sap.cloud.runtime.kotyo.persistence.client.PersistenceDataSourceFactory$1.createPoolableConnectionFactory(PersistenceDataSourceFactory.java:219)

... 24 common frames omitted

Thanks,

Mukul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukul,

in you HCP Cockpit under "Databases & Schemas" could you please check if you have a binding "<s-user>trial.iotmms.web", which "Database System" it has and does it show a version number or "null"? See attached screenshot for reference.

Regards,

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Thanks for responding. Yes, it has version number. Screen shot below..

Thanks,

Mukul

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukul,

seems like a HANA shared machine to which your schema is bound to has temporary issues. Could you please try the following?

1. stop MMS

2. remove the binding to MMS from <s-user>trial.iotmms.web schema

3. delete the the <s-user>trial.iotmms.web schema

4. create a new schema (you may use the same name <s-user>trial.iotmms.web)

5. bind it to MMS app

6. start MMS

If this doesn't help, you may try to bind MMS to a schema on MaxDB or to (I see that you already have a HANA XS created) to your "hanacloudxs"

Regards,

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I followed the instruction and assigned to MaxDB first and later to another available shared HANA db version 1.00.82.00.394270. In both cased I was able to activate successfully. However I get stuck at next level when I try to click on MMS cockpit. I get below error message

HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied

I have assigned my id to predefined Role IoT-MMS-User. I have assigned both s-user and s-user with trial at end. Still get the same message. Is there any other auth pre-req that I might be missing?

Thanks,

Mukul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Ignore my previous response. It is working now. Maybe there was a time lag between activation of services and activation of userid. Or Cache may not have been updated.

Thanks,

Mukul

Answers (0)