cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRTools recreates spfile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am currently testing Oracle migration to release 12C. After upgrading BRTools to 7.40 patch 17 and migrating DB user to Oracle, I am facing 2 issues:

1. New BRTools behavious (only after DB user migration) where when I run archive backup, it creates pfile (this is normal) under sapprof folder, then recreates spfile from pfile under the same folder. Is there a way to disable this functionality?
  2. The archive backup runs fine, but at the end I get:

Data Protection for SAP(R)

Interface between BR*Tools and Tivoli Storage Manager

- Version 6, Release 2, Modification 1.3  for AIX LF 64-bit -

Build: 429L  compiled on Feb 24 2011

(c) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1996, 2011, All Rights Reserved.

BKI5014E: Tivoli Storage Manager Error:

ANS1087E (RC106)  Access to the specified file or directory is denied

This was running fine before the migration and nothing changed on the file permission.

Any idea? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nader,

For your RC106 error I believe it may be related to the permissions on your dsmerror.log file. Please check where this file is stored on your system and check the permissions of the file.

As for the recreation of the spfile, of the top of my head I honestly don't know. Why do want to stop this happening anyway ?

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amerjit, changing the permission corrected the error.

As per the spfile, I would like to disable it for 2 reasons:

1. We are creating unnecessarily a duplicate of the spfile.
  2. Due to our environment architecture, I am keeping this file on a volume that is managed by HA solution instead on the default location "/oracle/RDBMS/12102/dbs". The overwrite process keeps giving an error as the file is already in use, which is normal.

Thanks

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding BR*Tools and spfile, you can also check carefully the SAP Note 601157 .

Regards,

Bíborka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Biborka

Answers (0)