cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO config between NW portal 74 EP and ECC6 EHP6

mandeep_kauldhar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus, I am trying to configure SSO between NW portal 74 and ECC6 EHP6. My end task in hand is to enable a .Net based app connected to an ECC6 EHP6 system using SSO.

Below are the steps I did as of now; am I missing any step here in step 2?

I did following steps as per the document at below location:

1. SSO configuration

Single Sign-on with SAP Netweaver 7.3 and http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/administration-and-development/blog/2014/10/30/step-b...

2. Create system object (say alias name ABC )as per guidance in document

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/How+to+Create+System+Object+in+the+Portal+for+Connecting+to+...

I am facing this below issue in 'System object' test connection:

No connection to system <SID>CLNT800 found:
com.sapportals.connector.connection.ConnectionFailedException: Connection Failed: A nested exception occurred. Could not initialize physical connection.
Connection Failed: A nested exception occurred. Could not initialize physical connection.
Connection Failed: A nested exception occurred. Could not create JCO connection.
Ticket contains no / an empty ABAP user ID (see note 1159962)

Do I need to specify any user mapping provided I have same user in NW portal and ECC6 EHP6?

NOTE - I had a user mapping setup in user management before (same user in ECC6 system as in NW portal) through a ECC6 EHP5 alias system (say alias name XYZ ) which I deleted from the NW portal system objects along with the certificates etc. This is a brand new NW 74 installation.

I went through the sap note 1159962, I have already these setting ‘ume.configuration.active=true’ and basis release I have it 731 SP2 and Kernel release 720 patch 100.

I went through a number of scn threads but didn’t find any appropriate answer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

solution: Created reference system in SAP portal >> system administration >> system configuration >> UME configuration >> user mapping >> in the reference system field choose alias of you system . after this step i was able to see reference system in user mapping. Note this field is not mandatory unless you have a previous system configured for user mapping. The is usualy used in SSO configuration with user mapping. in SSO login ticket method without user mapping you dont need this setup.

Regards, Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mandeep_kauldhar
Participant
0 Kudos

resolved myself.